Subject: Painting some robots rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Beighel
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm playing a lot of this game and really eager for new tiles and characters to change up the game a bit. The kickstarter isn't supposed to deliver anything for some months yet, so I dusted off my paints and started in on the figures.

I'm pretty pleased with how these turned out. I'm surprised how much it improves the immersion of the game, I had never painted figures for a board game before. I'll have to take a crack at doing the heroes pretty soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy
England
Chorleywood
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks good. I painted mine too......I found them a little hard to distinguish on the gameboard. I wanted to keep the painting simple, so I gave the female ones ( your white ones ) a red wash, the others ones in your picture a black wash, and the ones balancing on the girder a blue wash.

When I get the KS new set the NoDailies will get a green wash!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Beighel
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I agree, the two models I have painted look really similar on the board. I was trying to distinguish them with the light/dark colors along with the Red dots on the gunbots, blue dots on the androids, and eventually yellow dots on the girder ones (Arachnoids I think they are called in the game?).

I haven't thought about the NoDallies yet. I'm planning on getting the King of Atlantis expansion, and it seems to me the underwater guys should get the green. Aliens are also traditionally green.... this may take me a while to work out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.