$15.00
$20.00
$5.00
Huy Phan
Canada
flag msg tools
I didn't know where else to put these, so here might as well be as good as any. Hopefully anyone from Level 99 Games or Jasco working on the KS reads at least one of these. That would be lovely.

I wrote small articles on my elaborated thought on the whole Mega Man PT Kickstarter on Tumblr.

The first one is an expanded version of what I think will happen if the stretch goals are completed.
http://megamanofnumbers.tumblr.com/post/153021205047/my-thou...

The second one is about what I personally want out of the expansion eventually.
http://megamanofnumbers.tumblr.com/post/153058314402/my-wish...

And the third is pretty much about me addressing the critical issue about this kickstarter's stretch goals in the first place.
http://megamanofnumbers.tumblr.com/post/153145644277/mega-ma...

Please share your thoughts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Talton
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
mbmbmbmbmb
I appreciate the posts and hearing your thoughts.

I will admit that we perhaps overestimated the excitement of Mega Man Fans. We expected to see the same level of support as Deluxe and Mega Man Board Game. There's a certain art to pacing your stretch goals so you can announce one every 2-3 days. Some of this might have to do with US Elections falling in the middle of the campaign, and some may just have to do with reasons you mentioned, but I don't think backlash from the Board Game is as strong as some think.

I do want to correct you on one thing though–we didn't say that the only way to get Stretch Goals was to back now. We do have plans we're discussing to release this content later–but that mostly falls on Jasco.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Smith
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kyokai wrote:
I appreciate the posts and hearing your thoughts.

I will admit that we perhaps overestimated the excitement of Mega Man Fans. We expected to see the same level of support as Deluxe and Mega Man Board Game. There's a certain art to pacing your stretch goals so you can announce one every 2-3 days. Some of this might have to do with US Elections falling in the middle of the campaign, and some may just have to do with reasons you mentioned, but I don't think backlash from the Board Game is as strong as some think.

I do want to correct you on one thing though–we didn't say that the only way to get Stretch Goals was to back now. We do have plans we're discussing to release this content later–but that mostly falls on Jasco.

I didn't back this because i backed your awesome Deluxe version and this version of Mega Man doesn't add anything new to the great game of pixel tactics. I think those that have the deluxe feel like why do I need even more then I already have really wished this version would of introduced something new to the pixel tactics system some how. I just simply don't need more faction packs. Look forward to all things level 99 games though every game you guys have come out with are amazing brain burners.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Huy Phan
Canada
flag msg tools
I must admit, I totally forgot about that whole election thing, being Canadian and all. I do feel bad about the way I tried to discuss the situation involving The Board Game as I'm sadly not too familiar with whatever went on after the game's release.

I was examining all this from a worst-case-scenario perspective, And hopefully things will work out better than expected.

I am right though about the larger audience not giving half a shit about this project. The main @megaman facebook pretty much proves so. Seriously, people do not have kind words about this thing.

Thank you for the feedback, by the way! I was afraid I was just shouting into the dark this entire time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett MacDonald
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I only had time to read the third article but it hit lots of points on the nose. A couple of things to add (and apologies if this is covered in your other articles)

1) this really feels like a project where the stretch goals were not stretch goals but just scheduled hype. They clearly have the development done and it is clearly just a third set/box. I would be surprised if it is not made at the same time regardless. This is troublesome for the reasons you mentioned (expensive gaps for what they are... and leading to incomplete sets)
2) the pricing of tiers was clearly done based on the assumption everything would be unlocked. $20 + shipping for just one set is a little much. I can definitely get it cheaper later. $15 would be better.... but then you could at most charge $30 for the pledge with both sets... and that is too little for all 3. So you got $20 and $35. If we don't unlock all things then the numbers do not work out well. $45 for both sets shipped is a lot. I might have to drop out and wait for retail as I bet I could get all 3 for that.
3) The lack of dividers was also an odd choice. Not a big deal but I feel like it was a surprising omission.

And to adress one other point here... As a backer of both PTD and MMtBG I can say the reception of MMtBG has surely impacted things. Maybe it is isolated more to the community I know... but people were not happy with how that was handled and did not want to support more Jasco products. I backed this new project due to how much I loved PTD and Millenium Blades and knowing Jasco had no involvement in the actual game design. I also love Mega man... But the effects of MMtBG surely resulted in less backers from there coming over here.... and the cost vs old PT projects likely alienated old PTD backers... and the no international shipping already isolated out another big chunk (even if I totally get why this last one had to be done... licensing is tough)

I am sorry if this negative. I love the L99 guys and hope this project does well. And I certainly don't wish ill of Jasco. They have been very good on other games and clearly are passionate... so I can accept MMtBG was just a big misstep... I just hope this helps them see where some backers/potential backers might be seeing things from.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.