2 Posts

Star Realms» Forums » General

Subject: Questions about White Wizard Games Fair/Star Realms Organized Play rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WWG Fair will be my first Star Realms tournament, so I have a couple of questions. Ideally, a WWG staff member could answer them for me (and yes, I did ask them and they did not reply), but I am sure that other forum posters can also help out.

1. What sets should I have for the Legends tournament? The site lists it as "This event uses the physical card game version of Star Realms, both the first set and Colony Wars." Would I be expected to bring my own copies of the base game, Crisis, and Colony Wars? What about United? Since technically, only one game is needed for every 2 participants, would we get kicked out of the tournament if my girlfriend and I bring a single set and depend on one of our 2 opponents to have one?

2. What about Hero Realms events? Do I need to bring a set to try the campaign mode? Would be very unfortunate since I backed the Kickstarter and my set is stuck with Ship Naked. WWG should offer Games Fair pickup if they expect everyone to supply their own cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Taylor
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
ThinkingThatsAll wrote:
WWG Fair will be my first Star Realms tournament, so I have a couple of questions. Ideally, a WWG staff member could answer them for me (and yes, I did ask them and they did not reply), but I am sure that other forum posters can also help out.

1. What sets should I have for the Legends tournament? The site lists it as "This event uses the physical card game version of Star Realms, both the first set and Colony Wars." Would I be expected to bring my own copies of the base game, Crisis, and Colony Wars? What about United? Since technically, only one game is needed for every 2 participants, would we get kicked out of the tournament if my girlfriend and I bring a single set and depend on one of our 2 opponents to have one?

2. What about Hero Realms events? Do I need to bring a set to try the campaign mode? Would be very unfortunate since I backed the Kickstarter and my set is stuck with Ship Naked. WWG should offer Games Fair pickup if they expect everyone to supply their own cards.

For physical Star Realms events, we provide the cards. I believe we will be doing that for Hero Realms events as well.

Ian Taylor
Director of Organized Play
White Wizard Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.