6 Posts

Tuscany Essential Edition» Forums » General

Subject: Structure tile reverse side rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin N
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I recently got the Tuscany essential edition and played it for the first time this past weekend. I really like what the structure cards add to the essential edition and am glad I picked it up!

I noticed that the reverse side of the structure cards do not have the orange outlines for placing the cards, I assume that means this side of the card therefore is not used (please let me know if I am missing something). It does strike me that this could be used somehow to add an extra action space for a house rule or fan made extension. Any ideas?

Maybe, you can place an extra worker there to force everyone else to take a drink? (Wine of course.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Wiese
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, the reverse side of the structure player board extension...not the structure cards themselves. Correct? This is purely aesthetic as far as I understand it. Similar to how the reverse side of the player boards in Viticulture don't have all the explanations written on the board. To appreciate the art more I guess?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Both sides of the structure mat serve the same function--one just offers a more minimalistic design in case you prefer that.

One side of the extended game board is for when you use structure cards, and the other side is when you don't use structure cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
One side of the extended board is for when you use structure cards, and the other side is when you don't use structure cards.

I'm confused. If I'm not using structure games in my game why would I use the structure board? And why the spot to place a meeple then?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You wouldn't. I was talking about the game board itself. The structure mat serves the same purpose on either side, and you wouldn't use it at all in a game where you're not playing with structure cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
You wouldn't. I was talking about the game board itself. The structure mat serves the same purpose on either side, and you wouldn't use it at all in a game where you're not playing with structure cards.

Oh of course. Sorry the dangers of reading replies before a morning coffee. I missed that key wording.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.