Blood Bowl (2016 edition)» Forums » General

Subject: What is everybody getting? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nikodemus of the UK
England
flag msg tools
Hi All,

More than looking forward to the re-release of Blood Bowl, been a long time in the waiting.

Anyway, back onto the question in the title, what is everybody getting?

I myself am getting the Game, Deathzone and Skaven team from GW, with the exclusive card. I am also getting a second game and Skaven team along with the dice from another supplier at a discounted price.

Let me explain, I was expecting the Human and Orc team to be released along with the game (Part of this is to create your own team, after all), and I want to have 1 'official' team and 1 of each race with my own teams. Also, the Skaven dice were not available on the GW website...

Nikodemus

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1 of everything for myself, thinking of a extra box or two to paint and sell to cover the cost of my copy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Propst
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just the base game and death zone for now. I'll pick the skaven up down the road.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Nors Jensen
Denmark
Kokkedal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One of each of everything, also down the road whistle

Right now i a designing a display cabinet for ALL the teams shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh Wyeth
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well everyone's out of skaven dice, and there's enough to be getting on with painting wise in the base box, so I just got that and the league book.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Munch
Denmark
Højbjerg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So far nothing. None of the teams so far are that much better than the old releases in my eyes, so I can wait.

But I am looking forward to seeing the Wood elves, as they are my favorite team, and their old models were SO boring! And I am also looking forward to seeing the new Lizardmen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Nors Jensen
Denmark
Kokkedal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thain Esh Kelch wrote:
So far nothing. None of the teams so far are that much better than the old releases in my eyes, so I can wait.

Sure about that?
I think there is a clear improvement

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Munch
Denmark
Højbjerg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nors wrote:
Thain Esh Kelch wrote:

Sure about that?

Clearly the models are more dynamic, and more detailed, absolutely. But I really don't like massive armor upgrade and overly agressive look they have. But hey, I did state it was just how I looked at them!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ghorron
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
Since this is my first Blood Bowl, I just ordered the core box, skaven team and the death zone book. although I'd prefer some undead/nurgle team just because of the looks ^^

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh Wyeth
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thain Esh Kelch wrote:
Nors wrote:
Thain Esh Kelch wrote:

Sure about that?
I think there is a clear improvement :)

Clearly the models are more dynamic, and more detailed, absolutely. But I really don't like massive armor upgrade and overly agressive look they have. But hey, I did state it was just how I looked at them! ;)

I know what you mean- all GW stuff has been "Gears-Of-War-ified" for a while now. Every creature in the old world started taking steroids a few years ago. It means the models are more detailed and "gritty", but they lose some of their sense of humour.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim thorson
United States
Chaska
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked up one of each core, deathzone, skaven team and dice. I have some old Hunan and orc stuff I can use to fill out my teams so I don't need to buy duplicates.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe S
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
Life is too short to be angry all the time. Smile and enjoy the ride.
mbmbmbmbmb
I still have teams from before and I'm not wrapped up on the sculpts. I really wanted rules and rulers, as ugly as they are.

1 core set
Death Zone
bonus card

Like I mentioned earlier, I have a skaven team already.

I will buy up all team cards when made available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mb
Basebox+deathzone. Need to paint up the base teams before i buy anything else.

Last GW product i bought was 3rd edition, i'm hyped!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nors wrote:
Thain Esh Kelch wrote:

Sure about that?

If anything, the new minis are worse, at least when it comes to telling one player from another at a quick glance. Of the new Orcs, can only separate the Throwers, as to which of the remaining ones are Linemen, Blitzers or Black Orcs, no real clue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Munch
Denmark
Højbjerg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hughwyeth wrote:
I know what you mean- all GW stuff has been "Gears-Of-War-ified" for a while now. Every creature in the old world started taking steroids a few years ago. It means the models are more detailed and "gritty", but they lose some of their sense of humour.

GOWification, that's a good term, because that is exactly what it has become. I've always wanted to get into Warhammer, because a loved the world, but never knew anyone playing unfortunately. But the visiual style (And rules for that matter) they created for AOS is really something I don't like.

Dam the Man wrote:
If anything, the new minis are worse, at least when it comes to telling one player from another at a quick glance. Of the new Orcs, can only separate the Throwers, as to which of the remaining ones are Linemen, Blitzers or Black Orcs, no real clue.

Very good point! I didn't even think of that, and you are totally right... *Hugs his old orc team*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cornixt
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not bothering with any of the new stuff, at least not yet. I already have two Orc teams and a human team, and a rulebook that contains all of the rules rather than split into two between gameplay and league. Plus all the pitches and tokens. I can't justify the price for how little new benefit I'll be getting from it.

At least not yet. With the board size increase I might be forced to get it just to compete in a league against people with those huge new bases.

With all these new models, I wish people would start painting the base rims to make it clear what position the models are. So many spikes and blades that you can't tell a lineman from a blitzer. Is this the new aesthetic to replace the skulls-skulls-skulls from oldhammer?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Nors Jensen
Denmark
Kokkedal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Guess I am the only one to love the new figs

Saw them in real life today at the local store, and I think they look great!

But I don't have a lot of the old teams either, I sold thoose when I 'grew up' shake

But now everything(?) is comming back and I will collect every team this time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan R
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
I missed this gem back in the day. And I had ample opportunity to pick it up since 1991 until its end in 2001. Just never got "it"...

Mistake not being made this time. Picking up the core set, season 1, exclusive card, and at least half of the teams.

Can't wait!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Nors Jensen
Denmark
Kokkedal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thain Esh Kelch wrote:
Dam the Man wrote:

Very good point! I didn't even think of that, and you are totally right... *Hugs his old orc team*

As for Blitzers on the old team, they have a glove. On the new they have hair and stand on one foot. I think both are equally bad.
But with the glove/hair paintet in a contrast color (planning on yellow myself), it will be functional but not optimal.

As for the Black Orcs, the difference is more minor on the new team. But they are larger than the other team members. And if paintet in the 'Black Orc skin color' (dark green), it will be ok. But I would also have wished a bigger difference.

But in total, the more dynamic poses and the greather details makes more than up to it in my view. Even though I would have preferred some fewer spikes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh Wyeth
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nors wrote:
Guess I am the only one to love the new figs ;)

Saw them in real life today at the local store, and I think they look great!

But I don't have a lot of the old teams either, I sold thoose when I 'grew up' :shake:

But now everything(?) is comming back and I will collect every team this time.

I don't dislike them, but I mourn (in a nostalgic way) the GW style of the 80s and 90s, when orcs had silly names and all models were on perfectly manicured lawns bases. GW make fantastic models, so I'm looking forward to making and painting them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve R Bullock
United States
Palm Coast
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I will also be buying nothing new.

Although the new models look great, I will stick to my old classics-
for nostalgia and money reasons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nors wrote:
As for Blitzers on the old team, they have a glove. On the new they have hair and stand on one foot. I think both are equally bad.

Actually, since Lineman don't have gloves and BOs are plain bigger, Blitzers are easy to tell apart (unless you paint their glove skin green ). Plus, the poses are also clearer in the oldies, hands down = Lineman, half-raised = Blitzer, up = BO.

Quote:
As for the Black Orcs, the difference is more minor on the new team. But they are larger than the other team members. And if paintet in the 'Black Orc skin color' (dark green), it will be ok. But I would also have wished a bigger difference.

Are they the leaning ones? Hair = Blitzers and Leaner = BO was about the only thing I could come up with staring at the picture. But all of them having basically same armor style, covering, etc., certainly doesn't help differentiate them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They also come with transfers for the bases so you can label them if you prefer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephane Guibord
Canada
Vaudreuil-dorion
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since this is my first foray with Blood Bowl, I'm planing on buying one of everything.

so far, I have pre-ordered the Base game and the Suddent Death Season one. Could not buy the skaven from the website but found a local website where I was allowed to make a pre-order so I'm hoping it will come through.

Not sure how "far" I will go in. This is my first real time buying stuff from Games Workshop. I do have a copy of Space Hulk 4th edition but the box is self contained with no expansions available. Blood Bowl is of course, different.

Never painted in my life. Still not sure if I will give it a try since I'm difficult and will probably not like my work. Getting someone else to paint is too expansive for my taste.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dear Geek: Please insert the wittiest comment you can think of in this text pop-up. Then times it by seven.
badge
The Coat of Arms of Clan Montgomery - Scotland. Yes, that's a woman with the head of a savage in her hand, and an anchor. No clue what it means, but it's cool.
mbmbmbmbmb
Nors wrote:
Thain Esh Kelch wrote:
Dam the Man wrote:

But with the glove/hair paintet in a contrast color (planning on yellow myself), it will be functional but not optimal.

But in total, the more dynamic poses and the greather details makes more than up to it in my view. Even though I would have preferred some fewer spikes.

For the black-orcs you can do something like off-color shoulder pads. These guys have such little skin showing, not sure just a skin tone is going to be obvious enough "at a glance". Either white or black for the shoulder pads (plates?) should make it easy enough to identify.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.