$20.00
$30.00
$5.00
$15.00
Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Food Chain Magnate» Forums » Rules

Subject: Local Manager - How it Works? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Lim
msg tools
Is the local manager similar to a marketing guy? As a marketing guy when you place an advert, he gets token number placed on him and he is active for 2-4 turns depending if he's upgraded. Once the number of turns has passed, he goes back to your hand and the marketing is over.

As for a local manager, when he is active under one of the managers/CEO, I place a restaurant COMING SOON, when he goes back to my hand, that restaurant will stay on the board forever? Does that mean I only need 1 local manager to open all my restaurants?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quote:
Is the local manager similar to a marketing guy?


No. The Local Manager (and the Regional Manager, for that manner) simply has an ability that triggers during your Working 9-to-5 Phase. He doesn't "stay out" doing anything. He is in your structure or he isn't, like every other employee but the marketers.

Quote:
when he goes back to my hand, that restaurant will stay on the board forever?


Yes.

Quote:
Does that mean I only need 1 local manager to open all my restaurants?


Yes---just one manager and three/four turns, depending on how you count it.

* Manager trained;
* Manager places COMING SOON;
* It opens, and manager places another COMING SOON, and you can probably even fire your manager to save cash if you don't need his Drive-Thru ability;
* It opens.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lim
msg tools
TheUbiquitous wrote:
Quote:
Is the local manager similar to a marketing guy?


No. The Local Manager (and the Regional Manager, for that manner) simply has an ability that triggers during your Working 9-to-5 Phase. He doesn't "stay out" doing anything. He is in your structure or he isn't, like every other employee but the marketers.

Quote:
when he goes back to my hand, that restaurant will stay on the board forever?


Yes.

Quote:
Does that mean I only need 1 local manager to open all my restaurants?


Yes---just one manager and three/four turns, depending on how you count it.

* Manager trained;
* Manager places COMING SOON;
* It opens, and manager places another COMING SOON, and you can probably even fire your manager to save cash if you don't need his Drive-Thru ability;
* It opens.


Okay thanks for clearing things up, because one of player got a Local Manager & we felt it was kinda OP because he could just come down from your hand every turn and open a COMING SOON restaurant.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aljon Vizewsky
Slovenia
flag msg tools
Differences between local and regional manager:

Local:
-can open a restaurant maximum 3 tiles away from your existing restaurant and it has to be connected to it by road
-people can eat at the restaurant the next turn

Regional:
-can place restaurant anywhere
-people can eat at placed restaurant right away

Regional manager is even more OP.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
skywide wrote:
Differences between local and regional manager:

Local:
-can open a restaurant maximum 3 tiles away from your existing restaurant and it has to be connected to it by road
-people can eat at the restaurant the next turn

Regional:
-can place restaurant anywhere
-people can eat at placed restaurant right away

Regional manager is even more OP.

Also, Local can only place new restaurants (he can't move them). Once all are on the board, all he can do is provide drive-thru.

Regional can place OR move, meaning you can constantly change around your restaurant locations. Very powerful.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.