Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John W
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When I have a gun that can only shoot in a straight line can I shoot in multiple straight lines on a single roll?

Given this Enemy (E) and Player (P):
E - E - P - E
          |
          E
If I make a roll of 4 successful hits, can I kill all 4? Or just at most 2 by choosing to shoot left?

Also when rolling more than 4 hits, are you just supposed to steal a dice from another player?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Kokkinis
Greece
Athens
Attica
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.artipiagames.com
badge
Pre-order 13 Ghosts today!
mbmbmbmbmb
Wrightboy wrote:
When I have a gun that can only shoot in a straight line can I shoot in multiple straight lines on a single roll?

E - E - P - E
          |
          E
If I make a roll of 4 successful hits, can I kill all 4? Or just at most 2 by choosing to shoot left?

Also when rolling more than 4 hits, are you just supposed to steal a dice from another player?

Thanks!

Hello

1) Each successful hit can be allocated to a different Alien even if it is at a different direction.

2) Please note that all weapons that shoot in straight line (all those with a range of 4 or greater) can also shoot diagonally. The easiest way to remember is that such weapons can shoot in the exact way a Queen can move in Chess.

3) The green dice (Hit Dice) should be considered as a common pool of dice. You can get as many as you like/need to use. Only the Action Dice (white with symbols) may not be given to other players.

Thank you !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas -
Denmark
Aalborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
3pod wrote:
2) Please note that all weapons that shoot in straight line (all those with a range of 4 or greater) can also shoot diagonally.

Oohh! I did not realize that! Thanks!

3pod wrote:
3) The green dice (Hit Dice) should be considered as a common pool of dice. You can get as many as you like/need to use. Only the Action Dice (white with symbols) may not be given to other players.

So you can give the hits to anyone at any time or must you be on neighboring squares, like when exchanging weapons? Or wait, you say dice... Can I "borrow" the dice off everybody when I need to roll and roll a huge bunch of green dice?

I don't see anything about this in the rules, I can only find "Each player receives 4 Action dice and 4 Hit dice."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G. Uitz
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Thomas,

you can't give "hits" to anyone. Usually you can get around with 4 dice. Since you can only wield two weapons at a time, I usually pick the number of green dice used for the more powerful of the two weapons from the dice bag before the action starts.

The 4 green dice per player is not a must, it is just a quick method to distribute the dice evenly in case you play with the maximum number of players. Since many weapons fire with less than 4 dice, the chance is high that there are "unused" dice in the game which can be claimed by anybody.

This was a rather long explanation but I hope I could make myself clear enough.

Dark.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John W
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
3pod wrote:
Wrightboy wrote:

E - E - P - E
          |
          E

Thanks!

Hello

1) Each successful hit can be allocated to a different Alien even if it is at a different direction.

2) Please note that all weapons that shoot in straight line (all those with a range of 4 or greater) can also shoot diagonally. The easiest way to remember is that such weapons can shoot in the exact way a Queen can move in Chess.

Thank you !

Perfect! Thanks for the detailed response!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas -
Denmark
Aalborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DarkPadawan wrote:
Hi Thomas,

you can't give "hits" to anyone. Usually you can get around with 4 dice. Since you can only wield two weapons at a time, I usually pick the number of green dice used for the more powerful of the two weapons from the dice bag before the action starts.

The 4 green dice per player is not a must, it is just a quick method to distribute the dice evenly in case you play with the maximum number of players. Since many weapons fire with less than 4 dice, the chance is high that there are "unused" dice in the game which can be claimed by anybody.

This was a rather long explanation but I hope I could make myself clear enough.

Dark.

Ah, right! Thanks.

Why did the dice on the weapon cards get replaced with bullets?

I think it was easier to understand before.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.