Tokaido» Forums » Rules

Subject: who makes teh first move rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
bob bobster
United States
Alaska
flag msg tools
the rule book states to randomly place all of the Traveler pieces in a line at the 1st inn, i feel that there should be a way to determine the order the players start at the beginning of the game. anyone have any tips on how the game should start or share from their own experience.
Thanx
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the rules state the person furthest away always moves first (in the instance of the first inn, the person furthest away from the road itself, and so on)

the in the inn next to the road always leaves last
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan
msg tools
If you want to stick with the travel theme, you can order it by who last went on holiday; who's traveled the furthest; who's traveled the most; etc
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gianluca Casu
Belgium
Ixelles
Bruxelles
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Decide first player and then go clockwise from there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis de Vries
Netherlands
Deventer
flag msg tools
Ah, doctor, that aneasthetic is perfect!
mbmbmbmbmb
What I do:

I take alle the player's travellers in my hands. I close my hands and give a good shake and then I drop the travellers 1 by 1 out of my hand (both hands closed of course, or at least I can't see which traveller I drop). The first to fall will be the first to be placed ór the first to move, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Menghini wrote:
What I do:

I take alle the player's travellers in my hands. I close my hands and give a good shake and then I drop the travellers 1 by 1 out of my hand (both hands closed of course, or at least I can't see which traveller I drop). The first to fall will be the first to be placed ór the first to move, etc.
this is what i do. rereading OP's question, i guess he's asking for ways to randomise this, but i initially thought he was asking 'now that i've randomly added everyone to the first inn, who goes first?'

i just shake them all up in my hand, and without looking (keep hands under table, behind back, etc., pull out one at a time to place them at the first inn
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schumann
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use an app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tendadigit...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bob bobster
United States
Alaska
flag msg tools
thank you to anyone that contributed i will try the fingers app and the blind pick of players card, i play with kids and they always argue who goes first.
thanx again

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Krasny
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have players who start with the most money act last. So basically you order the players by wealth richest first poorest last. SO the poorest person makes the first action and richest acts last.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.