Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

BattleLore» Forums » Rules

Subject: Wizard and Spell cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chuck Dudschus
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Question, Level 1 wizard, up to 2 spell casds held, can you discard one or both of these cards or do you have to use the cards to get rid of them, also when ever you roll a lore on the dice do you add it to your total. Like with battle backs, or when rolling for affects from your spell cards. My son and I are battling through the scenerios and we are haveing a blast, is the expansion worth it. Thanks for any help.

Chuck
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Sullivan
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SaintsnSoldiers wrote:
Question, Level 1 wizard, up to 2 spell casds held, can you discard one or both of these cards or do you have to use the cards to get rid of them, also when ever you roll a lore on the dice do you add it to your total. Like with battle backs, or when rolling for affects from your spell cards. My son and I are battling through the scenerios and we are haveing a blast, is the expansion worth it. Thanks for any help.

Chuck

Hey Chuck,

You can't discard both cards. You don't have to use them either. The way to get rid of them, if you don't like them, is to draw a Lore card at the end of your turn that would put you over the limit of how many cards you can hold (say you draw a card when you already had 2 and you only have level 1 loremasters), you then look at the three cards you have and get rid of one of them.

Yeah, when you roll Lore on your dice, you can add lore to your pool. There are a few exceptions (such a rolling when using a Long Bow).

Yes, the expansion is worth it. It opens up replayability by leaps and bounds since you can now do the same map several times and it will always be different.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
james napoli
United States
Westwood
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
When playing a lore game, at the end of your turn you can take two lore cards, keep one/discard one, take 1 lore and 1 card, or take two lore tokens. Assume you take a card as noted above, you can discard either of the cards you previously had.

i do believe you take lore tokens anytime you roll lore on the dice(not 100% regarding if it happens when rolling for spell results but i would assume so).

I don't own any expansions yet, so can't comment, but they are on my want list =D


-
James
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Dudschus
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Were do you get long bows? or is it long swords long bows would be cool
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Long Bows are an element introduced by the Call to Arms expansion.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Rewoldt
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
darlok wrote:


i do believe you take lore tokens anytime you roll lore on the dice(not 100% regarding if it happens when rolling for spell results but i would assume so).

Here are the exceptions (that I can think of anyway ) to collecting lore on rolls:
1) if the lore is counted as a hit or an effect due to a lore card or command card (though I don't see that one happening) instruction
2) if the lore is used by a creature's ability, or stored by that creature for future use of an ability
3) during panic checks on frightened retreating units
4) attacks by the long bow, as already noted
EDIT: (knew I'd forget at least one )5) during checks for critical hits on creatures

Basically, excepting #4, if it's rolled during an attack in the battle phase (unless a lore card says different & excluding panic and critical hit checks, but including battlebacks *catching breath*) it is collected as lore.

Hope that was helpful
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
toddrew wrote:

1) if the lore is counted as a hit or an effect due to a lore card or command card (though I don't see that one happening) instruction

It does happen - with the command card entitled "BattleLore".
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls