4 Posts

Dungeon Fighter» Forums » Rules

Subject: Number of monsters vs. number of rooms rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a room where no fight happens? The German edition of the rules has you pick 14 monster cards before the game starts and 3 dungeon cards where the longest path always includes 5 rooms. So if I choose to go the longest way possible I need 15 monsters.
Am I missing something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Pra'
Italy
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
IRDC wrote:
Is there a room where no fight happens? The German edition of the rules has you pick 14 monster cards before the game starts and 3 dungeon cards where the longest path always includes 5 rooms. So if I choose to go the longest way possible I need 15 monsters.
Am I missing something?

No, you always fight 1 monster in each room. But 14 should be more than enough! You don't have to go through all the rooms of each dungeon card. You can only move following the directions indicated by the arrows. If after a room you have the choice to go right or left, for example, you will usually not be able to reach the room to the left, if you go right, or viceversa.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea R
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmb
In addition remember the last room has to be one among the ones with a different frame.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Djna83 wrote:
In addition remember the last room has to be one among the ones with a different frame.

Thank you. I did not notice the different frames and was confused by that section in the rules. The longest path on the 3rd level rooms consists of only 4 rooms which makes the longest path 14 rooms and that matches the number of monsters

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.