California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I created all new Combat Cards for use with the game that fit in standard card sleeves (3.5" x 2.5"). They are now in download section.

Print them out on card stock and insert them into protectors. You can make a set for all players. If you have multiple color sleeves I found putting them in White/Black or Red/Blue helps too.

I did these since my copy of the game I just bought on eBay had pretty beat up cards and wanted to have multiple sets for speedier play.

Hope you enjoy them!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon New
United Kingdom
Taunton
Somerset
flag msg tools
designer
I rather like Talisman
badge
The Wanderer
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice work Scott! Love your standees too

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! Glad you like them and find them useful.

I'm really looking forward to Talisman 4th edition. I have a feeling Jon, you are a fan. I wonder if they will do a 2nd edition of this game eventually?

My friends and I played it last Saturday and had a blast. I was afraid they wouldn't like it since your character most likely dies but we just made a rule to respawn and lose all gold if you died so some of us had 5 or 6 deaths by the end of the timer. Surprisingly we all agreed that since the game goes so quick that they'd rather just drop out when dying and play again. The game would run much faster.

Another thing that surprised me is the simple combat system was actually a lot of fun. Some people just picked random cards while others thought about it. You want that monster 2 damage but if the other player thinks you are going for it he can foil it. Made for some exciting moments. I'd write a session report but all the details are fading. Maybe for next time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon New
United Kingdom
Taunton
Somerset
flag msg tools
designer
I rather like Talisman
badge
The Wanderer
mbmbmbmbmb
ScottE wrote:
I'm really looking forward to Talisman 4th edition. I have a feeling Jon, you are a fan. I wonder if they will do a 2nd edition of this game eventually?

Does it show? I thought I hid it quite well

I don't think they would do a reprint of Dungeon Quest seeing as it was not an original GW game.

Pity though, as I wouldn't mind an arrangement like the original version by Alga; one thing I hated about the GW version was the shaped cards and tokens for Rings, Corpses, Coffins etc.

I think Alga's cards would be much nicer to use.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, that's true. They don't own the license to do an English version anymore. At least likely they don't. But I guess that doesn't mean someone else can't do a new edition.

Standard cards would be nice & a lot easier to shuffle. I was thinking of taking card protectors and cutting cardstock at the card size to make my own. I'm thinking a 3.5"x2.5" card inserted in a protector with a DQ card would hold ok. Hopefully they wouldn't slide around a lot and it would also protect them plus make it easier to shuffle. Might do some experiments to see if that will work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls