Ismael Alonso
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
SIEMPRE DE UN LADO PARA OTRO...
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there,

I have a cople of questions regarding the cathedral's Tower Tiles (advanced game mode)

One of the tiles says "In this round, each player may buy the topmost card of the draw pile for only 1 Action tile if he activates a Card action" and another one says "In this round, each player may buy the topmost card of the draw pile for 1 coin if he activates a Card action".

Does that means, in both cases, that if a activate a Card action I still can pay 2 same type tiles in order to get two cards and choose one?

Another tile says that "In this round, each player may pick one Action tile of his choice from the bag." This applyes to the first step in each player order (taking a random tile from the bag) or is an additional tile that you get and put in your personal reserve?

Thanks a lot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Pfob
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
One of the tiles says "In this round, each player may buy the topmost card of the draw pile for only 1 Action tile if he activates a Card action" and another one says "In this round, each player may buy the topmost card of the draw pile for 1 coin if he activates a Card action".

Does that means, in both cases, that if a activate a Card action I still can pay 2 same type tiles in order to get two cards and choose one?

In this round other rules are valid. Generally some stuff is "cheaper", however there's no choice, only this round's rules apply.

Quote:
Another tile says that "In this round, each player may pick one Action tile of his choice from the bag." This applyes to the first step in each player order (taking a random tile from the bag) or is an additional tile that you get and put in your personal reserve?

This refers to the first step, drawing one random tile from the back to activate the 3*3 grid. Instead of drawing randomly, in this round you can chose a tile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ismael Alonso
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
SIEMPRE DE UN LADO PARA OTRO...
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot for your answers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Calder
United States
Freehold
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
derUhu wrote:
Quote:

In this round other rules are valid. Generally some stuff is "cheaper", however there's no choice, only this round's rules apply.

Quote:

This refers to the first step, drawing one random tile from the back to activate the 3*3 grid. Instead of drawing randomly, in this round you can chose a tile.

I read this as optional, not a change to the way cards are gained for the round when leveraging those actions. So, you could carry out the card action as normal and also gain the top card by paying resources.

Are you going off the German translation of the rules for your response? I know that is probably the letter of the law since they were probably translated from German to English.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.