2 Posts

Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » General

Subject: 2016 Worlds Squads - Part 2 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James R
Australia
flag msg tools
A look into the runner up squad for the 2016 Worlds.

http://www.thatsnomoon.info/blog/2016-x-wing-worlds-squads-p...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Whitesell

Oklahoma
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On paper, I really like this vs. Dengaroo.

Strong range three opening salvo from Miranda (though mitigated somewhat by Countermeasures) with maneuverability to keep the Jumps at range 3 - and in a manner of speaking Corran's double-tap ability cancels out Dengar's - but it doesn't really, since Dengar will always be on the winning end of that exchange with Zuckus/Countermeasures and superior hull and shield.

That, and that single agility on the K-Wing can make for a short game vs. a list that can burst as much damage as Dengaroo can.

Still - the old math of 'don't put more than one or two upgrades on your ship' is pretty much put to rest when the #2 squad in the world is absolutely crammed with secondary weapons piled onto 1 ship.

I thought about getting out of X-Wing this year, but builds like these and the new viable options coming out pulled me back in. It's a really good time to be an X-Wing jock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.