Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bill Kunes
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With the week behind us it's time to post your week's mini-session reports and stories to answer our favorite question:

mbmbWhat did you play this week?

mbmbcorn This week's WDYPTW Geeklist
mbmbcorn WDYPTW subscription thread
mbmbcorn The WDYPTW Guild

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Kunes
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A bit of a quiet week...

Monday
2x - Forbidden Island - 59th and 60th play

Friday
1x - Innovation

Sunday
1x - Bora Bora - mb

We had a lot going on this week and weekend so not much gaming was taking place around here.

meeple Keep playing...
BK's Hardcore 10x10 in 2016 List at 79/100
BK's 2016 Christmas Wishlist
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Stephen
United Kingdom
Dundee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cosmic Encounter twice
7 Wonders
Joking Hazard
Arkham Horror: The Card Game twice

Second game of Cosmic led to my wife on 3 points and myself and 3 other players on 4. Was my wife's turn and she went solo up against another player, everybody else jumped on defense and she won the encounter.

Now with all on 4 points, she initiated another encounter, inviting no allies again. The defender decided to invite none either, confident in his ability.

He failed and my wife won the game on her own, the rest of us sitting on 4 points and cheering her victory!

Good times. Lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lots of solo games of Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Monday, Dungeon World (RPG)
Wednesday, Man O war
Thursday, Edge of Empire (RPG)
Friday, Doom the boardgame.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simona Dostalova
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sadly only 1 day of gaming with 2 days finishing 2 of my PBF games. I played 3 + 2 games, 1 of them new.

Monday

Cthulhu Wars - PBF

Wednesday

Beasty Bar
The Others
Five Tribes

Thursday

Cthulhu Wars - PBF
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Voorter
Belgium
Dilsen-Stokkem
Limburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Went to a convention in the Netherlands this weekend (Spellenspektakel)

We've played, traded and bought:

Hellas: 2x with 2 players. Easy to learn but with enough depth to make it a fun game. ()

Codenames: ...x with 2 players. Wasn't convinced at first but later on, I started to see what makes this game so popular. Will be better with more players. ()

Camel Up: 1x: Fun, I like the betting system. No depth at all but it gave us all a laugh. ()

Hope to play many more soon... Bought a lot of other cool new games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joakim Schön
Sweden
Huskvarna
Sverige
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1936: Guerra Civil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Schippa
United States
Sun Prairie
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1 x Shadows over Camelot
1 x Cosmic Encounter
1 x World's Fair 1893
1 x Survive: Escape from Atlantis!
3 x Scythe

2 solo plays of Scythe and 1 3-player game. For me, this game lived up to its promise. A good Euro with the threat of war and actual war. The game felt quick and the other two players were surprised it only lasted 1hr 45 min. 9/10 for me
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bailey
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmb
Marvel Legendary x2
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave VanAtta
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Saturday:
Baseball Highlights: 2045 x1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James C
United States
Great Falls
Virginia
flag msg tools
Tuesday
Ticket to Ride

Friday
Agricola (revised edition) x3. After losing our first two games against my wife last week I fought back winning the first two of these 3 games. Later in the evening we played once more and she won 41 to 40! In this third game we played with the new action board that's in the Revised edition. Turned out we didn't really need it because I had a clay engine going and could use clay to build fences so there wasn't a lot of fighting over the wood (maybe that's why I lost...?)

Saturday
Ticket to Ride
San Juan (second edition). In the last few games I've been using the Palace with good efficiency.

Sunday
Patchwork
Suburbia x2. We split these two games. I tend to lose whenever the Law Office tile (from the Inc expansion) is in play. Doesn't matter if I get it or she gets it, it never turns out good for me. Doesn't make sense, but that's what happens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Marowske
United States
Macomb
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Friday
1x Lords of Waterdeep

Saturday
1x Attack on Titan: Deck-Building Game
1x Rome: Rise to Power
1x Mystic Vale with Mystic Vale: Vale of Magic
1x Guilds of London
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe H
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
City of Spies: Estoril 1942 x 1
Mechs vs. Minions x 1
Holmes: Sherlock & Mycroft x 1
Guilds of London x 2 (solo)
Castellion x 3 (solo)
Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords x 2 (solo)
Pandemic x 1 (solo)
Sentinels of the Multiverse x 2 (solo)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A pretty awesome gaming week this time. Lots of new-to-me games, too

On Monday, I had a game night with a friend and her regular gaming partner. It was my first time with this group, so I didn't really know what to expect.
We started with Qwixx gemixxt. I hadn't played Qwixx before. It was good fun Not something I'd want to play a hundred times, but I enjoyed myself.
After that, we played two games of Ice Cool, one of the games I brought. I picked it up in Essen, and this were my 3rd and 4th plays. Good fun every time
We then proceeded with I'm the Boss!: The Card Game. Not really my kind of game, but we still had fun as a group.
And finally, we played Through the Desert. I picked this one up cheaply a while ago, and I'm really liking it so far!

On Thursday, GF and I played Snowdonia for the first time. I had been on the fence for quite a while about this one, but finally bought it in Essen because of the great deal on it. I was afraid it might be too 'vanilla' WP. But it turned out to be really fun. It's a super smooth ride, and building the railroad together is very nice. Definitely a keeper!

On Saturday, we had a game day with friends planned. GF wasn't feeling well, one friend couldn't make it and the wife of the friend who was hosting wasn't feeling well either. So our five-player day ended up mostly two-player.
We started out with Age of Steam Expansion: Scotland. It was his first time playing AoS, and he really liked it So I'm spreading the AoS love!
We followed that with two rounds of Terrible Monster. He used to play MtG too, so we both enjoyed this one. Which is nice, 'cause it fell flat with my GF last week.
Then I asked him if we could try Tinners' Trail, as I really wanted to try it. It doesn't support two players, but there are some variant rules on BGG. What a fun little game. It's definitely lighter than the other Martin Wallace games I have played, but that means we can have some of that vibe in a short game. Two-player is done in about half an hour.
I then went to pick up my GF to join us for dinner, but before ordering, we played our first game of Dreams with four players. It was absolutely hilarious, so this one will certainly be returning to the table.
While waiting for dinner, we played a quick game of Pick-a-Polar Bear, followed by lots of ribs.
To finish of the evening, two more games of Ice Cool. Yet again, everyone enjoyed themselves

Yesterday, GF and I went to a local convention. I wanted to try out Haspelknecht, and there happened to be a free table We played one year and I then went to buy it.
We also played Armageddon at Queen's demo stand. It was pretty fun, but I'm not sure if I'll pick it up. I don't think it would get played all that often, to be honest. But I'm still in doubt, 'cause we did like it.
And I also bought Moongha Invaders: Mad Scientists and Atomic Monsters Attack the Earth! and Trajan. Moongha Invaders because I'm a fan of Martin Wallace's games, and there was a great deal on it. Trajan because I haven't played a single Feld yet, and this one is highly ranked and appeals to me Oh, and a friend has Castles of Burgundy, so I can probably play that without having to buy it first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek
United States
Brazil
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got my first play of A Feast for Odin. I got last place, but it was very fun and I am eager to play again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
Dallas
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
3 Wishes x7
Onirim x3
Baseball Highlights x2
The Game x2
Pandemic Legacy x1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thursday:
Between Two Cities
King of New York
Harbour

Saturday:
Endeavor
Blood Bowl: Team Manager – The Card Game
Cat Box
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark W
msg tools
mb
It was a pretty normal gaming night with my buddy and his kids.

The Resistance x 2 - The kids adore this game. Once it was bedtime for them we got to play something else.

7 Wonders x 1 - We are just starting to learn to play this. He loves...loves euro style games and I like deckbuilders. This should be a good game for us once we get the hang of it. I wonder if there is an app. Hmm

Guillotine x 3 - We hadn't played this in a while. It still is a nice fast fun game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk
United States
Commerce Twp.
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
U-Con this past weekend!

Salmon Run x1
Orleans x1
Graenaland x1
Lords of Waterdeep x1
House on Haunted Hill x1
New Bedford x1
Flip City x1
Imhotep x2
Terraforming Mars x1
Race for the Pole x1
Keyflower x1

AND

the best of all!

Villains x1
This is a prototpye game that was brought up to the convention. It is a long heavy game but truly outstanding!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcos
Spain
Gijón
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Monday:

The Voyages of Marco Polo

Tuesday:

A Feast for Odin

Wednesday:

7 Wonders x2
Sushi Go!
Taluva

Friday:

7 Wonders Duel

Saturday:

Keltis: Das Würfelspiel
Codenames
King of New York
Keyflower
Scythe

Sunday:

Village
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Ips
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Nations: The Dice Game x 8
Star realms x 2
7 Wonders
Mysterium
Concordia
Steampunk Rally
Mage Wars Arena x 2
Castles of Mad King Ludvig
Tzolk'in
Pandemic x 2
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ackmondual
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Titan part 2 | 5p | played for 3 hours prior.... played another 3 hours this session

We did spend a bit of time relooking up rules, and for both sessions, there was also a bit of chit chat, which probably could've cut out 1 to 1.5 hours of time otherwise.

Everyone knows where my Titan is... it's the legion with a single unit after it managed to squeak by in a battle (84 "titan points"! cool ). That legion may get chased down by 2 neighboring players, so there's a good chance I'll get eliminated at the start of part 3. At least I managed to reduce the numbers of the legion on my tail

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Cheng
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Russian Railroads 1x
Imhotep 1x
High $ociety 1x
Mystic Vale 1x

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.