OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WW Champions: Day of the Destroyer

When: Mid to Late August
Players: Up to 25, plus one special player role
Complexity: High

"Champions: Day of the Destroyer" is based on Hero Games’ “Champions” role-playing system, with heavy influences drawn from both Alexfrog’s “Castle of Darkness” and CapAp’s “The Gauntlet” games.

As in normal werewolf, there will be a daily lynch of one player, and a night kill of one player.

Each player, well before the game start, will create their own super-hero character to play in the game. Players will construct their heroes around a “point” system that allows them to purchase powers for their heroes, such as super-strength, invisibility, lightning speed, energy blasts, mentalist powers, and so on. (To keep things balanced, certain powers will be restricted to a specific number of players on a first-requested, first-given basis.)

Players will also be required to purchase “disadvantages” for their roles; these are similar to the standard super-hero weaknesses, such as “susceptibility to Kryptonite” or “in love with Mary Jane Watson,” or even the less savory ones (for you “Watchmen” fans) such as “addicted to alcohol.” Be careful how you choose these – some villains will be geared up with weapons or powers that take advantage of your weak points!

Three distinct point packages will be available to players that will allow them to either a) purchase fewer powers with low disadvantages, b) normal powers with normal disadvantages, c) more powers with higher, more debilitating disadvantages. (Again, to keep things balanced, there will be a set number of packages available, with the majority of players taking the “normal” package.)

You will name your character and develop whatever kind of history you want for him/her. Come up with a description of your own costume, corny catch-phrases, and so on.

What players will not do is choose whether they are heroes or villains. That will be determined at the outset by one player taking the “Doctor Destroyer” role. Dr. Destroyer is the uber-villain of the Champions system – sort of like another uber-villain that his name resembles. The player in this role will choose a certain number of players to be his villain team – and these will end up being the “wolves” of the game. The Dr. Destroyer player cannot be lynched and will not usually cast votes, but he may post and taunt the players as much as he wishes. Dr. Destroyer does NOT have PM rights with the villains he chooses.

Each day, all players will engage in missions in an attempt to locate Dr. Destroyer’s hidden base. These missions will involve routine crime-stopper jobs, saving citizens from danger, defeating giant robots or alien oozes, etc. Players must choose their missions carefully, as some missions are “dummy” missions designed by Dr. Destroyer to mislead and distract the heroes from finding him, while others will provide them with the correct clues to locate Dr. Destroyer. Players will battle their foes using their super powers, hopefully defeating the foes without incurring injury or *gasp* death.

At the end of each mission, players that participated in the mission gain experience for joining the fight. Experience is then applied to their super-powers to enhance them or to disadvantages to get rid of them (make the player stronger, fine-tune the energy blast, or finally kick that alcohol habit).

Also at the end of each mission, the players must try to figure out which among them is a traitorous villain in Dr. Destroyer’s service, and vote them out.

Afterwards, the remaining villains will choose a hero to kill off, just as in standard werewolf. Of course, some heroes will likely be harder to kill than others…

If the heroes find and lynch all the villain players, they will automatically advance to a final show-down with Dr. Destroyer. This last battle will pit all remaining heroes against the uber-villain, hopefully to defeat him once and for all.

Or, the heroes might successfully complete the right missions and find the clues to lead them to Dr. Destroyer’s lair for the final show-down. If this happens, any villains still remaining in the group will reveal their true nature, and fight alongside Dr. Destroyer. (There will be at least as many missions as there are villains to lynch.)

This game will be set to start in mid or late August. Sign up on Cassandra if you would like to play! Or, if you have an interest in playing the Dr. Destroyer role, please PRIVATE MESSAGE me with your interest.

UPDATE!
----------

Basic character creation rules have been posted at the top of page 3. These do not cover all the available powers and such, but define the framework for character creation, and provide a simple example as well. An additional example will be appended to it later on, with a more complex character example.

Please read!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: CHAMPIONS: Day of the Destroyer
Player List According to Cassandra:
Anonymouse512
Avin
buffalospynovel
bwt2q
caylott
dbmurph22
Esuh
greek2me
GrimJester
Javal
jmilum
kristiefix
kuchick
le_cygne
LuckayLuck
mdp4828
nykkel
Pbwedz
riot
Rjphelan
Rubric
Rukasu
seppi
Shugyosha
simply4est
TheArchAngel
whirlinghurly

27 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/1671...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RIOT
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just signed up on Cassandra.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lukas Litzsinger
United States
Falcon Heights
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Those of you who would like to be Dr. Destroyer, please PM me by Thursday this week. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
~MUST LOVE~ ~Geeky Time Lords~
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why not? meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Rasmussen
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Kisu~
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
seppi
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How can i not?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terri K
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Good golly people... my username has a lower case x!!
badge
Females play board games too!!! ;)
mbmbmbmbmb
August?! I think I can manage that!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Thomas
United States
Herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Definitely in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am also considering a way to ensure that the first day's lynch victim, whether hero or villain, will not have spent all that time building up a role in vain. Superheroes never die permanently, anyway... they get re-invented.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MandaBug
United States
Starkville
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, sounds like fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will warn all players in advance that this is not only a high-complexity game (may even cross into the Extreme category), but also a high interaction and high involvement game, especially because of the daily missions that heroes will embark on. Please be sure that you'll be able to participate and submit orders and mission choices.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Likens
United States
Cornelius
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
This space for rent.
mbmbmbmbmb
In.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Rasmussen
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Kisu~
mbmbmbmbmb
kimapesan wrote:
I will warn all players in advance that this is not only a high-complexity game (may even cross into the Extreme category), but also a high interaction and high involvement game, especially because of the daily missions that heroes will embark on. Please be sure that you'll be able to participate and submit orders and mission choices.

Can you give some sort of order deadline you expect to use? I'm asleep during the day and may have to drop out if the times don't work out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: CHAMPIONS: Day of the Destroyer - SIGN UP 4 AUGUST!
rasattack wrote:
kimapesan wrote:

Can you give some sort of order deadline you expect to use? I'm asleep during the day and may have to drop out if the times don't work out.

At the moment I would likely have mission choice orders submitted by 3 PM BGG time, lynch deadline likely by 8 PM, night orders by midnight. Making conditional mission orders and the like should be possible, I would think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bela's dead and Vampira won't talk
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, of course I'm in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RJ
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John So-And-So
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
You and the Cap'n make it hap'n
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got bathed in radation from Cassandra.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Browne
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Will the time schedules for missions be opened and closed while I'm asleep?
If so, *sigh* I'm out.

soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terri K
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Good golly people... my username has a lower case x!!
badge
Females play board games too!!! ;)
mbmbmbmbmb
kimapesan wrote:
At the moment I would likely have mission choice orders submitted by 3 PM BGG time, lynch deadline likely by 8 PM, night orders by midnight. Making conditional mission orders and the like should be possible, I would think.
When will missions be posted?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bluebehir wrote:
Will the time schedules for missions be opened and closed while I'm asleep?
If so, *sigh* I'm out.

soblue

Umm, I'm not so good with the time-shifting and stuff, what are your sleep hours and stuff?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PaulW
United States
Warrington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Golden Lotus
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Cassandra granted me super powers so I could play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Hogan
United States
zimmerman
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm ready to deal out some butt kicking justice on you evil doers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [11] |