BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals » Hot Deals - Europe

Subject: Up to 30% off on selected games [Amazon.co.uk] rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robbert Vervuurt
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Amazon.co.uk offers some deals up to Black Friday. This one could be interesting for us.

I haven't had time to dig through the games yet, so if you spot something good, write in the comments!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Grey
United Kingdom
London
Ashford, Middlesex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Amazon up to their typical shenanigans, a cursory check of Camelcamelcamel shows prices spiking before the sale.

30% off = price pre-sale.

I thought this behaviour had been stopped last year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger BW
United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Buckinghamshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing hugely impressive so far if you don't like Monopoly and jigsaw puzzles:

Ticket to Ride: Europe £28.77
Codenames £12.68
Rush Hour (apparently not Rush Hour Shift but looks like the same publisher) £13.49
Camel Up £18.33
One Night Ultimate Werewolf £19.70

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbert Vervuurt
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Litany_Eu wrote:
Amazon up to their typical shenanigans, a cursory check of Camelcamelcamel shows prices spiking before the sale.

Wow, that's a bad habit!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
rvervuurt wrote:
Amazon.co.uk offers some deals up to Black Friday. This one could be interesting for us.

I haven't had time to dig through the games yet, so if you spot something good, write in the comments!

Why not just post the Amazon deals individually?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbert Vervuurt
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Captain Pugwash wrote:
rvervuurt wrote:

Why not just post the Amazon deals individually?

You win!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karrde
United Kingdom
Portsmouth
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rvervuurt wrote:
Litany_Eu wrote:

Wow, that's a bad habit!

Typical retailer habit and been going on for ever. It's usual for shops to sell at a high price or even put up the price for 28 days before a sale starts to establish the 'was' price.

Amazon are just easier to catch as prices are tracked.

In a previous job I learned the price of our newest product was always set and then doubled so we could sell it for 4 weeks at the inflated price and then go to 50% very quickly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy P
United Kingdom
Malvern
Worcestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Karrdedg wrote:
rvervuurt wrote:
Litany_Eu wrote:

Wow, that's a bad habit!

Typical retailer habit and been going on for ever. It's usual for shops to sell at a high price or even put up the price for 28 days before a sale starts to establish the 'was' price.

In a previous job I learned the price of our newest product was always set and then doubled so we could sell it for 4 weeks at the inflated price and then go to 50% very quickly.

Yes, I have had the same experience. Sale prices were (and I assume still are) based on a price you had to have had the product on sale for in a store within the chain for a set amount of time within the last 12 months. The place i worked used to get a new product, make it available at only a single store for an inflated price for 3 months, sell none of them, and then roll it out at a "reduced price" in all the stores later the same year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Robinson
United Kingdom
Neston
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Katielou wrote:
Karrdedg wrote:
rvervuurt wrote:
Litany_Eu wrote:

Wow, that's a bad habit!

Yes, I have had the same experience. Sale prices were (and I assume still are) based on a price you had to have had the product on sale for in a store within the chain for a set amount of time within the last 12 months. The place i worked used to get a new product, make it available at only a single store for an inflated price for 3 months, sell none of them, and then roll it out at a "reduced price" in all the stores later the same year.

Not to derail this too much but I heard of a story recently where a couple went to purchase a sofa from DFS (loughborough) and were shocked to find it at full price and the salesman was unable to sell. To seal the deal he phone DFS (another location) and got it at the discounted price from there instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.