Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Edd Crutchington
United Kingdom
St Neots
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For those with the Arkham Horror LCG who don't like drawing from a bag, free app on iTunes

Arkham by Gergely Kovacs

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id1153235167?uo=4&mt=8&at=10...

Main reason I use this is that I find the tokens can be quite tacky. They will become better with use I am sure, but to in the meantime will use this.
Plus I had better luck with it than the bag, which murdered me lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
darkrenown wrote:
For those with the Arkham Horror LCG who don't like drawing from a bag, free app on iTunes

For users of other platforms, see thread 1668919 for a web-based equivalent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul S
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorks
flag msg tools
DARK IN HERE, ISN'T IT?
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, looks great. I have a deep seated distrust of drawing tokens. Part of me is convinced that there's one or 2 that hide and are never drawn (and perhaps one that swims to the top deliberately...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Broom
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Part of me wonders whether the idiosyncrasies of using a token bag are part of the game by design - that it was never meant to be a pure RNG element like rolling a dice - the psychology and superstition (I'm sure that auto-fail token should have been at the bottom of the bag by now!) are part of it.

Would fit with the theme if it were the case!

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - H.P.Lovecraft
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Seachrist
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Timbar wrote:
Part of me wonders whether the idiosyncrasies of using a token bag are part of the game by design - that it was never meant to be a pure RNG element like rolling a dice - the psychology and superstition (I'm sure that auto-fail token should have been at the bottom of the bag by now!) are part of it.

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - H.P.Lovecraft

This. As a rule, I'm a big advocate for app integration with games (Mansions of Madness being the best I've experienced, and I truly hope Specter Ops finally gets the app we've been promised) but the chaos bag is just so fun. You can almost feel the presence of dark forces as you delve into its depths.

That said, a couple times we forgot to return tokens to the bag and didn't notice immediately.

I'll have to DL the app and see what it "feels" like to use it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Waxman

Falcon Heights
Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Which is why I made the deepest, darkest "bags" I could!

(Thrift stores soooo helpful!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luis Mesas
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
Rykaar wrote:
Timbar wrote:

This. As a rule, I'm a big advocate for app integration with games (Mansions of Madness being the best I've experienced, and I truly hope Specter Ops finally gets the app we've been promised) but the chaos bag is just so fun. You can almost feel the presence of dark forces as you delve into its depths.

That said, a couple times we forgot to return tokens to the bag and didn't notice immediately.

I'll have to DL the app and see what it "feels" like to use it.

I was playing solo and for a final token draw where my only option to be alive was to draw the blue token, I went to a room mate room and ask him to draw the token instead of me as I didn't want to fire the suicide trigger cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul S
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorks
flag msg tools
DARK IN HERE, ISN'T IT?
mbmbmbmbmb
But Ben, they're narrow - so, obviously, some tokens will always stay at the bottom! Always!

I know, I know, it's becoming pathological
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bowling
msg tools
mb
Beloch wrote:
Wow, looks great. I have a deep seated distrust of drawing tokens. Part of me is convinced that there's one or 2 that hide and are never drawn (and perhaps one that swims to the top deliberately...)

SWIMS to the top! I see what you did there. Thanks for cursing us cuz as I am sure you know an indirect t-word reference is equivalent to saying the t-word.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.