Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tyson K
Canada
Brantford
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was looking through the page and I didn't see any exclusives. Is there a difference between the retail version and the base kickstarter version(without the coins or any add ons)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marius
Germany
Stuttgart
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With the current stretch goals reached the differences to the retail version are:

- upgraded starting player marker
- 9 additional royal writ cards (retail has 16)

and not yet reached
- vessel tokens upgraded from punchboard to wood
- upgraded bag for the resources

About the availibity of these additions the designer says:
Mark Swanson on Kickstarter wrote:
As the funding amount climbs, the "exclusive" content does too, and the value of the base game increases. I put "exclusive" in quotations because there MAY be left over items that I will use as promos at trade shows. Additionally, some retailers (who i treat like backers) will be buying Kickstarter versions of the game with stretch goals included, so you MAY see these in some retail stores but presumably for a higher price. What's important to understand is that i DO NOT plan on reprinting the stretch goal items (Except for the expansions). All other items are a limited-run, and will in that sense be "exclusive."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyson K
Canada
Brantford
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great, Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.-M. Frieg
Germany
Köln
NRW
flag msg tools
Fan since 1988
badge
I AM WATCHING U
mbmbmbmbmb
But do they plan to offer those 3 different versions later on (metal coins and wooden markers stuff?
Or will only the base game without wooden tokens and no metal coins be available in the future?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.