Subject: Couple questions after first test play through. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Garret Trezona
United States
Cutler Bay
Florida
flag msg tools
So we just played our first game of Rebellion but there are some things that I had some questions on. This first play through was just us going through trying to learn the game. Thank you all in advance for your responses!

1) We had our first battle that was only air combat. Imperial wiped out my xwings in the first round of battle which left my leader on the planet with no ships. What happens to my leader after the battle has ended?

2) When my xwings were destroyed, I read in the rules that they are not destroyed right away but they have a chance to still attack. So after my xwings are attacked and destroyed I remove them off the board, finish out my counter attack, and then place them in back in the supply?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheng
Taiwan
Taipei City
n/a
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Garret123 wrote:
So we just played our first game of Rebellion but there are some things that I had some questions on. This first play through was just us going through trying to learn the game. Thank you all in advance for your responses!

1) We had our first battle that was only air combat. Imperial wiped out my xwings in the first round of battle which left my leader on the planet with no ships. What happens to my leader after the battle has ended?

2) When my xwings were destroyed, I read in the rules that they are not destroyed right away but they have a chance to still attack. So after my xwings are attacked and destroyed I remove them off the board, finish out my counter attack, and then place them in back in the supply?

1. The leader stay there until the refresh phase

2. The "defender" gets to return fire before they are removed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas with Subtrendy
msg tools
mbmbmb
To expand a little on what eunoia said:

1. I assume you're wondering if your leader is captured- he isn't. Leaders can only be captured via missions where it is specified that they are captured. However, pg. 12 of the Rules Reference does have an interesting note on rescuing captured leaders:
Quote:

If there are no Imperial units in a captured leader’s system
(usually after an Imperial defeat in combat), the leader is
immediately rescued and moved to the base as normal

2. Think of a combat round like this ("Deals damage" includes playing damage cards):

Space Combat
1. Attackers deal damage
2. Defenders deal damage.
3. Damage blocks are applied.
4. Defeated figures are removed.

Ground Combat
1. Attackers deal damage

If neither side retreats, combat continues this cycle until one side is defeated. So, as you see, units are not removed until their round is over. So, the attacker does have a little bit of an advantage, but it's not as overwhelming as having the opportunity to remove enemy units before they're even allowed an attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niall Smyth
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Garret123 wrote:

Leaders don't go back to the pool until the Refresh phase. That isn't affected by combat results etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garret Trezona
United States
Cutler Bay
Florida
flag msg tools
Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garret Trezona
United States
Cutler Bay
Florida
flag msg tools
Thanks for the response!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garret Trezona
United States
Cutler Bay
Florida
flag msg tools
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Lesouef
France
Ermont
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Subtrendy Gaming wrote:
Space Combat
1. Attackers deal damage

Ground Combat
1. Attackers deal damage

Not exactly.

1. Attacker deal damage (roll + action card)
2. Defender blocks damage.
3. Defender deal damage (roll + action card)
4. Attacker blocks damage.
5. Defeated figures are removed.

This is important because attacker have a good advantage with this rules. Defender have to block damage during the first round BEFORE he rolls any dice!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.