Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Davi Kretzmann
Brazil
Jundiaí
São Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, i've developed a tool to randomize the Zombicide Tiles and create new scenarios dynamically, and here it is. I already have plans to additions in their funcionalities soon and i hope that the community could help me with comments and suggestions, here through the comments or through the mail brunodavi@alemdomuro.com.br

Just for your knowledge, the next functions that i'm planning are:
-> Optionally exclude chosen tiles, as hole ones, wastelands, helipoints, basketball courts...
-> Allow connection between corridors with buildings walls, like hospital, prison and the mall.

Now, all you have to do is sharing it with all your Zombicide addicts friends!

http://alemdomuro.com.br/zombicide/zombicide.php
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Rogers
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks awesome. Will it be downlaodable?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olli T
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is awesome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goeshi
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow nice work!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davi Kretzmann
Brazil
Jundiaí
São Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi! Thanks for your comment!

drogers66 wrote:
Looks awesome. Will it be downlaodable?

Dou you mean a downloadable tool at all or just the restulting map?

I made the tool responsive for mobile phones (at least, i hope so), seeing that i don't know details about mobile apps programming...

About downloading the resulting map, i already received this hint and i'll look for it soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melle de Jong
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great work, really nice!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary gee
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
good job !! thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Galbraith
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Works incredibly well.

Seems to make sure the correct tiles are fitted together. How did you make it so it finds the right tiles like that? Did you have to set up metadata to ensure that certain tiles are matched together?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Le Jeune
Belgium
Namur
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Give this guy some Geek Gold dammit!

Insanely good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davi Kretzmann
Brazil
Jundiaí
São Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi! Thanks a lot for your consideration...

pjgalbraith wrote:
Works incredibly well.

Seems to make sure the correct tiles are fitted together. How did you make it so it finds the right tiles like that? Did you have to set up metadata to ensure that certain tiles are matched together?

Yes, I used some kind of metadata... i loaded dynamically into the code the collection of tiles base on the sets you've selected. Each tile contains informations about all ther sides, consisting in a grid of 3x3 squares, where they could be identified as STREET, BUILDING, FIELD, HOSPITAL CORRIDOR, PRISON CORRIDOR, etc. Moreover, it contains the info about the opposite tile too, to ensure that it could not be chosen.

Then, i just run some random iterations that search for the combinations of all possible tiles, one by one, stopping when fitting the complete area, or restarting while don't.

I already have a list of possible improvements for the tool, including:

zombieLanguage selection errors at Firefox (i tested it at Chrome and IE only...);

zombieOption to exclude some tiles that you dislike (like holes);

zombieOption to allow connections between corridors and walls, because by now they only connects with each other ;

zombieI received a lot of requests to do a Black Plague version, but i didn't started by it because i didn't played it yet;

zombieRandomize objectives. I didn't make it at first because will be a little more complicated to overlap the tiles;

zombieSave map image option, maybe pdf of the page full too, as a mission page of the manuals;

zombieDrag and drop components (not a priority, for sure...);

zombieOption to state additional tiles from your collection(repeated);

zombieCustom tiles (not a priority, for sure...);

zombieFeatures list;

zombieSome kind of a database that depends on more complex text elements and randomness, like "Put a" + "weapon" + "on a specific tile".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Rayburn
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Would love if this could be built out to link up multiples into a campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Galbraith
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Awesome thanks for the info!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.