$30.00
Robin Vermeersch
Belgium
ghent
Select..
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

This is a recreation of my earlier post, as Timo has answered a couple of questions already, and my other questions I've found the answer to by browsing BGG.

The following still remains unclear:

Map W1 (Witches Grotto):

- During the demo at Essen, we were told we would need to save Aisha and then (and only then) she would be a playable hero for the rest of the campaign. The goal of the scenario, however, is that we'd need to stand adjacent to her and we'd win, whether she was dead or alive. Question is now, was it just a nice, little thematic enhancement that we were shown during the demo at Essen, that she must be alive for us to 'gain' her as a campaign hero, or do we have her from the start, even for just the base campaign?

- If Aisha does spawn at J2 (as mentioned here), and she can be played as a general hero similar to the innkeeper in the Hideout, are they not a little too close together? You can have Aisha move to the heroes, have a sprinter run to her (if you're lucky and you have the 13 Aiding card from Olazabal, it makes it quite trivial), and done...

- I'm still having a bit of an issue (thematically) that we rescue Aisha near J2 (for example) and then on the next scenario we suddenly find ourselves near space O14... Can you explain this a little more?

- Where do cultists spawn, as we could not find any trapdoor (same for W2)? I'm aware the rules say you should spawn what you can, and that if it's not possible to spawn anything, it should remain in the pool. We spawned insectoids following the above rules, but were wondering 'why the heck are there any Guards in the spawn pools?' We spawned them on K2, as it seemed thematically appropriate.

- What's up with the skiff? It can be used to travel 3 spaces with, but is this only for cultists or also for heroes? The reason why we ask, is that in scenario W2 the skiff (or rowboat) makes a return, and the wording there seems to suggest only acolytes can use this boat. We ruled that we could use it, killing the two acolytes on baord and move two heroes 3 spaces along the water (and along the water only).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
Sorcerious wrote:

- During the demo at Essen, we were told we would need to save Aisha and then (and only then) she would be a playable hero for the rest of the campaign. The goal of the scenario, however, is that we'd need to stand adjacent to her and we'd win, whether she was dead or alive. Question is now, was it just a nice, little thematic enhancement that we were shown during the demo at Essen, that she must be alive for us to 'gain' her as a campaign hero, or do we have her from the start, even for just the base campaign?

You'll need to rescue her (eg. she needs to be alive when you complete W1) to have her on other scenarios.

Of course if you play AR-WG-HO for instance, then thematically she'd not be available for AR, but we can't force you to play ONLY thematically.

Quote:

- If Aisha does spawn at J2 (as mentioned here), and she can be played as a general hero similar to the innkeeper in the Hideout, are they not a little too close together? You can have Aisha move to the heroes, have a sprinter run to her (if you're lucky and you have the 13 Aiding card from Olazabal, it makes it quite trivial), and done...

It's not that easy always. And having the 13 aiding card isn't sure, either. Try it out and let me know.

Quote:

- I'm still having a bit of an issue (thematically) that we rescue Aisha near J2 (for example) and then on the next scenario we suddenly find ourselves near space O14... Can you explain this a little more?

The O14 is "camping spot" where the Heroes have retreated once W1 is successful.
You might note that W2 is written by a visiting designer and we had to make some
base setting to try from. Yes, could have been better explained.

Quote:

- Where do cultists spawn, as we could not find any trapdoor (same for W2)? I'm aware the rules say you should spawn what you can, and that if it's not possible to spawn anything, it should remain in the pool. We spawned insectoids following the above rules, but were wondering 'why the heck are there any Guards in the spawn pools?' We spawned them on K2, as it seemed thematically appropriate.

Excellent point - so good that I dearly wish that someone would have spotted this earlier on.

Indeed this information is missing. All Cultists on W1 scenarios are spawned from D1,
which is the tunnel leading to AR campaign path.

And on Breeding Ground scenarios this is written in the scenario sheet(s).

Quote:

- What's up with the skiff? It can be used to travel 3 spaces with, but is this only for cultists or also for heroes? The reason why we ask, is that in scenario W2 the skiff (or rowboat) makes a return, and the wording there seems to suggest only acolytes can use this boat. We ruled that we could use it, killing the two acolytes on baord and move two heroes 3 spaces along the water (and along the water only).

Yep. You can use it. Banishing the acolytes is very powerful way to clean the skiff up. But no other enemies but acolytes ever use it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrik Severinsson
Sweden
Sundbyberg
Sundbyberg
flag msg tools
...microbrewed beer.
badge
...more hops, better die rolls.
mbmbmbmbmb
Eridis wrote:
Indeed this information is missing. All Cultists on W1 scenarios are spawned from D1

The acolyte exit is also placed on D1. So any spawned acolytes will spawn next to D1 and then move of the board on their next move?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
Helikoputtrik wrote:
Eridis wrote:
Indeed this information is missing. All Cultists on W1 scenarios are spawned from D1

The acolyte exit is also placed on D1. So any spawned acolytes will spawn next to D1 and then move of the board on their next move?

Yes. Don't spawn any acolytes. Or leave someone to kill them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.