Conflict of Heroes: Awakening the Bear – Firefight Generator» Forums » General

Subject: Objectives? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Noway Jose
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey folks! about 99% sure I am going to pull the trigger on this guy.

Question!

When generating firefights, are there any variables in what the objectives to score victory points are? Or is it literally just a firefight about killing the opposition?

Example: Holding certain pieces of terrain etc...

I really lean more toward objective oriented games

Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Boze wrote:

Question!

When generating firefights, are there any variables in what the objectives to score victory points are? Or is it literally just a firefight about killing the opposition?

Cheers!

IIRC it's part of the cards each side plays

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noway Jose
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
klkitchens wrote:
Boze wrote:

Question!

Cheers!

IIRC it's part of the cards each side plays

pinteresting.

I wonder what type of objectives are on there... i'm all about varied objectives...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
you could download the 'Firefight Generator Rules' from the academy games webpage. there are some examples for victory conditions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noway Jose
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chemkid wrote:
you could download the 'Firefight Generator Rules' from the academy games webpage. there are some examples for victory conditions.

Great idea!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete A
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The default VP is 1 VP for each destroyed enemy unit but there are a number of additional VP conditions. There are 14 German VP cards and 13 Soviet VP cards and depending how they are played determines how many and which ones will be used.
The German's are broken down to about 6 different types including destroying objectives(specific units, bunkers, mines), surviving, LOS conditions, capturing and/or occupying control markers, exiting the map, being nearer to a map edge and locating an enemy unit.
The Russians have similar conditions. They add a Heroism VP in which a Soviet Unit's flank defense is increased by one and the player receives VP for every attack against it that doesn't destroy it. As well as a Revenge condition in which destroying a German unit that destroyed a Soviet unit gains additional VP.
Definitely more than just destroying units. Hope this helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Pessano
United States
Tampa
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, there are a bunch of ways of scoring points (if you so choose that route).

In all generated FFs, the typical "1 pt per destroyed unit exists" but as you play cards, you either use the bottom half of the card (which is always units) OR use the top half of the card (which is either a special rule OR a scoring rule).

It is actually very interesting, kinda like a mini game where you go back and forth trying to counter what your opponent just played (or has played).

Thx
jonpfl
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.