Hide
20 Posts

Mythic Battles: Pantheon» Forums » General

Subject: Identify this character rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Oak Wolf
msg tools
There's a character i am unable to identify from the trailer. At 1:09 there's a horned demon with fire in her hands. Who is it? I am not sure she's completely human as her lower-half is obscured.

Note: I suppose it's not safe for work for some people, she is indeed topless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benoit VOGT
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Sybaris wrote:
There's a character i am unable to identify from the trailer. At 1:09 there's a horned demon with fire in her hands. Who is it? I am not sure she's completely human as her lower-half is obscured.

She is coming soon And she will no longer be top less Do you have any idea who she might be?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mankeone Hedlund
Sweden
Skellefteå
AC
flag msg tools
Chaos?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Davis
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My guess is also Chaos.

But also in reference to the trailer, I'm excited for Perseus, whenever he shows up. (And the pegasus and Bellerophon.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oak Wolf
msg tools
So that would be Eris?

In any case,i can understand, for gaming purposes, why the need for removing nudity from a game (children, some nudity-sensitive people, etc), although...to be honest, it's kind of a usual given for greek mythology.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benoit VOGT
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
designer
mb
mankeone wrote:
Chaos?

Nope, this is not Chaos, sorry … shake

Try again
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oak Wolf
msg tools
Another guess could be Hecate, in a rather demonic form.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sébastien
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mb
why the hell puritans should decide for everyone if nudity is a problem or not???!! shake Let her topless! Ancient Greece had no problem with nudity, why sould we censure each single character just because some modern dude have a problem with how nature made us??
I am really fed up with those politically correct censorships... angry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oak Wolf
msg tools
I agree completely with what is said above. This is probably -the- setting that wouldn't offend much, since the statues of Greek myths are very often naked in some classical form.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FILS DES LOUPS wrote:
because some modern dude have a problem with how nature made us??

I agree, let's have all the Gods with their dicks hanging out, because "that's how nature made us"!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sébastien
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mb
Geoff wrote:
FILS DES LOUPS wrote:

I agree, let's have all the Gods with their dicks hanging out, because "that's how nature made us"!

Ok, let's try to avoid caricatures and let's explain some simple common sense as it seems to be needed...

the point is that a male soldier didn't really used to go to war completly naked, so the "dicks hanging out" could seem weird in that regard. But if a male hero or god was known for beeing naked at war, that would be a good idea to get a naked miniature for him indeed!

Concerning female characters, I guess I won't have to explain that they weren't warriors (except the amazons actually), so getting the female characters with full armor would seem a bit weird. Their strength is not in physical confrontation: that should not be so hard to understand...
So even a goddess of defensive war (like Athena) appears to be rather a strategic expert than a pure and simple warrior (like Ares and many others are). She still has a shield and a spear : perfect! But she is not a heavy warrior and her power comes from her mind, more than from a brute force: so a full armor wouldn't seem appropriate, even for her.

On the other hand, having all the female characters completly nude would obviously seem weird aswell as there would be no historical nor mythological reason for this neither. But getting them with some light clothes and some parts of nudity from time to time should not be strange at all.
Furthermore, male characters (both gods and heroes) are already partially naked with muscular bodies : that makes sense for old Greek heroes and gods as greek art is full of these portrayals.
No one seems to complain about that!
So why should it be a problem for a healthy mind that a female goddess or heroin has a beautiful and perfect body aswell and could be partially naked ...aswell ?!

Puritanism is sometimes a real disease...

Finally, let's be honest : who doesn't appreciate nudity in real life, or in arts? A beautiful body IS a beautiful body. No shame with that!
If someone prefers burkas, he can, but he shouldn't try to change a GAME because of his personnal and sick tastes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Ottawa
Ontario
msg tools
Benoit0905 wrote:
Sybaris wrote:

She is coming soon And she will no longer be top less Do you have any idea who she might be?

Please don't bow to pressure from external forces to put clothing on miniatures you think look better nude. It's not as if nudity is uncommon in Greek art . . .

Don't get me wrong, if that's your artistic vision, go for it! Just keep in mind that these people who complain about nudity are a minority. They are vocal and loud, but they are certainly a minority. I know there is one poll floating around here on one of the miniatures that clearly shows most people (at least who took that poll) don't care about the way some female miniatures are dressed or they like it.

I know nudity isn't family friendly and that can be a drawback for some. But I'm honestly jazzed to back a game that ISN'T family friendly (that is if you think a little nudity is going to hurt your kids for some reason). God, I can only imagine the terrible conversation some parents might have with their kids when playing this game.

Son: "Daddy, what are those things on her chest"
Dad: "Those are breasts, son"
Son: "Okay"

The horror! That kid will grow up to be a serial killer now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Ottawa
Ontario
msg tools
Geoff wrote:
FILS DES LOUPS wrote:

I'm down with that!

Although comparing a dick to breasts is bloody laughable. Now, if you want to compare the exposure of a dick to a vagina, well that would make sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zeroth
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
She's Echidna.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steve smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Echidna, and don't worry folks, she has a bra now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sébastien
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mb
tinfish wrote:
Echidna, and don't worry folks, she has a bra now.

unfortunately yes... shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steve smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
It's so damned obvious too, and completely out of place on her as well.
It looks terrible too. Funny thing is they claimed Artemis was a 'one off' that they only just happened to find time to re sculpt this 'one time'.

Guess they made time to re sculpt everything. I must have missed the majority of 6,308 backers complain about the nudity on that model which they would have been aware of before even backing the project, it must have been very very busy seeing all those people demand this change in the chat. My chat seems buggered though, I can still only see 5-10 people demanding Artemis be changed, strange that.

I don't seem to be paying less for Add-ons than the people who's say actually matters in this KS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benoit VOGT
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
designer
mb
strgzr13 wrote:
She's Echidna.

Congratulations, you got it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
seb seb2
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tinfish wrote:
It's so damned obvious too, and completely out of place on her as well.
It looks terrible too. Funny thing is they claimed Artemis was a 'one off' that they only just happened to find time to re sculpt this 'one time'.

Guess they made time to re sculpt everything. I must have missed the majority of 6,308 backers complain about the nudity on that model which they would have been aware of before even backing the project, it must have been very very busy seeing all those people demand this change in the chat. My chat seems buggered though, I can still only see 5-10 people demanding Artemis be changed, strange that.

I don't seem to be paying less for Add-ons than the people who's say actually matters in this KS.

Artemis was redone because the cleavage was wrong ,not because it was a cleavage.And the mini wasn't sent to the preprod fab yet.

The bra on Echidna,is probably because ,she will not be KSE,and you can't show nipples if you want to sell in USA.
(and yeah the bra doesn't make sense)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oak Wolf
msg tools
In this case they could remove Echo's lingerie in the first place. The silken veil is fine but the rest looks strangely anachronic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.