Subject: Deep Jungle Bonus Fortune rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chillbo Camron

New York
msg tools
designer
publisher
What happens to the 2 Bonus Fortune coins when a Villain claims the Artifact?

Do they get discarded and then the Track moves up two to signify the collecting of the Artifact?

Or, in addition, do the 2 Bonus Fortune coins get added to the Vile Organization's 3-Count maximum to move up another point on the Track?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Elfström
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They are added to the villain's collection as in your third sentence.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chillbo Camron

New York
msg tools
designer
publisher
Mattias wrote:

It's almost as if you were included with the game!

Thanks again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Elfström
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chillbogames wrote:
Mattias wrote:

It's almost as if you were included with the game!

Thanks again!

I'm just in it for the glory!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chillbo Camron

New York
msg tools
designer
publisher
Mattias wrote:

I'm just in it for the glory!

Ha!! Well said!

On another note: I was going to post a question about Villains Healing.
I saw nowhere in the Rules nor your excellent version that Villains heal (only after being KO'd).

But I saw a few posts from a few years back where Jason Hill himself states that Villains DO heal when they leave the board. What?!
Then followed by your question of amazement, too.

Are you against that rule as I am?
I didn't see it in your book so I didn't think it to be true - but from the designer himself!

Has Jason since changed his mind on this?
As much as I'm not a fan of it, I do want to 'play by the book'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Elfström
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess he is the final authority on how to play the game. It has not been in any official errata as far as I know.

Note that the yellow screened passages of the Complete Rulebook are also unofficial adjustments to the rules.

I have never healed active villains that leave the board unless they are KO'd. So far it seems well balanced to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mattias wrote:
I have never healed active villains that leave the board unless they are KO'd. So far it seems well balanced to me.

Overall game balance would be the concern for me. I would not want to make the game easier for the Heroes, so in the gray areas I tend to interpret rules in favor of the Villains.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Elfström
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Carcking wrote:
Mattias wrote:

Overall game balance would be the concern for me. I would not want to make the game easier for the Heroes, so in the gray areas I tend to interpret rules in favor of the Villains.

I agree as a general principle.

In case of FANG the game has quite some random swings anyway and I have never felt that the non-healing villains make the game easier on the heroes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Bos
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The only time the villains heal when we play is when they are KO'd like a hero. Otherwise they take wounds and carry them around like anyone else. So far it has not been swinging the balance one way or the other between villains and heroes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Martyn
United States
Guilford
VT
flag msg tools
EXCELSIOR!!!
badge
ZOMGALOMES!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
This question about the villains healing (or not) is fascinating! We've always played that they heal as soon as they leave play for any reason and have found the challenge level to be just about where we want it. I'm somewhat stunned that the rulebook doesn't clarify one way or the other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chillbo Camron

New York
msg tools
designer
publisher
However, in a different thread on here, Jason C. Hill, the designer, has stated that the Villains DO heal when they leave the board for any reason.

I was amazed myself as the rules say nothing of this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.