Hide
9 Posts

The Others» Forums » Rules

Subject: Sin Movement rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Benedikt Schepp
msg tools
Did I get it right, that I can move only one monster per reactivation (without sin cards)?

We played our first game yesterday (and yes I have a lot to learn as sin player), but it felt, that the sin is very, very passiv. Heroes could easily walk through my monsters (one wound is nothing since it can be healed without big efforts) and it was nearly impossible to attack a hero with more than one monster (exception was one "beaming" acolyte/round who supported another monster).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harrow
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Correct, only one Monster may move up to 2 spaces.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emivaldo Sousa
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Imbohl wrote:
Did I get it right, that I can move only one monster per reactivation (without sin cards)?

We played our first game yesterday (and yes I have a lot to learn as sin player), but it felt, that the sin is very, very passiv. Heroes could easily walk through my monsters (one wound is nothing since it can be healed without big efforts) and it was nearly impossible to attack a hero with more than one monster (exception was one "beaming" acolyte/round who supported another monster).

You do not need to engage the heroes, you need to protect the objectives. The heroes will come on their own will to your pile of monsters devil;
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao Rodrigues
Brazil
Guarulhos
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zinho73 wrote:

You do not need to engage the heroes, you need to protect the objectives. The heroes will come on their own will to your pile of monsters devil;

Exactly what he said. And don't forget you can, once per round, spawn one of your dead acolytes to join a non ranged fight, not only addind 2 dice to your cause but also causing some effect as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Bergmann
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
Can I move and fight or with the reactivation chip I can move or fight?

Is a acolyte a monster? Can I respawn acolytes end of the round, or only with the special ability of the acolyth card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emivaldo Sousa
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
TheKitamura wrote:

Is a acolyte a monster? Can I respawn acolytes end of the round, or only with the special ability of the acolyth card?

You can move any monster (and yes, acolytes are monsters) and you can fight with the player you are reacting to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Schmidt
United States
Woodbridge
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
TheKitamura wrote:

You can move and fight and these can be completely separate. In the case where the hero already has monster(s) in space A, the monster you move does not need to be in the fight. You can move a monster from space B to space C and fight with the monster(s) already in space A with the hero.

Acolyte is a monster. You can respawn them at the end of the round (except in certain scenarios like 'the end') using normal respawn method. However you can only use the summon a dead acolyte ability if you have a dead acolyte, so there are instances where you may not want to respawn all of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Bergmann
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for your answers!!thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Blasco

Brier
Washington
msg tools
mbmb
Also, for clarification, a "monster" would be any of the figures that the Sin player controls.

As for how passive the Sin player is, it's true that moving and attacking with one monster is not super strong. However, the Sin player is playing a game of attrition. 1 wound is significant when it only takes 5 to kill someone, and when each wound after the first reduces the effectiveness of voluntary corruption. The game gets harder for the heroes as time goes on, so the job of the Sin player is primarily to try to stretch it out as long as you can, by keeping the heroes from completing the objectives.

At first, for most people who aren't familiar with the game, it seems as if the Sins player has a distinct advantage. I've found, however, that once the hero players know the game and some strategies, it becomes a very tense game, and most of the time for us it has come very close, with both sides feeling like they had a good shot at winning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.