Zombicide: Black Plague» Forums » Variants

Subject: Vampires rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tomas Uhlir
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
designer
I guess we will get Vampires with another Black Plague expansion.

By that time I am working on a new Quest incorporating a Vampire.
I already have a few ideas how to design him but I would be interested in other opinions as well.

So how should the Vampire work:

He has more lives (3-4). So to kill him you have to inflict him more damage 1 wounds.

He should have more activations. Maybe deppending on his curent number of lives...

He should be able to regenerate or to heal wounds. Maybe by wounding the Survivors...

Similar to Necromancer, he should have his own way how to move and a specific target.
He hunts the most experienced Survivor (regardles of Noise and other Survivors in LOS).

Once killed, he should be able to immediatly respawn. There should be some ways how to kill him for good (ocupiing his Spawn Zone once he respawns, some special magic weapons, maybe even a Dragon Fire).

He could be gaining experience as well (similar to Survivors) and getting new Skills (Bat form, invisibility, more lives, more activations...). He could use the same board like Survivor.

Maybe he should be able to control the surrounding Zombies in some way to help him with killing his target.

So what do you think?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Muller de Schongor
France
Cachan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You might want to check the Lost Survivors rules of Modernicide

And I don't think vampires will ever come in the game. In Massive Darkness, maybe, but Zombicide is having a zombie-only oriented path.
Hopefully, some other races will be zombie turned, but so far so bad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Korner
United States
Tomah
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, we already have Skeleton Archers and werewolves so other monster types are possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Trezise
United Kingdom
Rugby
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I think you'd have to have him work like a Necromancer, i.e, he's a special character. Top of my head, what about this?

Count Lugosi

Damage = 1, Speed = 1, XP = 5

Supernatural Movement - Activates after each survivor has ended their turn

Supernatural Senses - Moves towards the nearest survivor, not the noisest zone

Glamour - If it has line of sight on a survivor, instead of moving on it's activation it instead moves that survivor one space towards it.

Undead- Takes 1 Damage to Kill - upon its death, the vampire is returned to the nearest spawn point unless killed by Dragon Fire (only way to kill it for good)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Uhlir
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
designer
AdeptusAce wrote:

Supernatural Movement - Activates after each survivor has ended their turn

Supernatural Senses - Moves towards the nearest survivor, not the noisest zone

Glamour - If it has line of sight on a survivor, instead of moving on it's activation it instead moves that survivor one space towards it.

Undead- Takes 1 Damage to Kill - upon its death, the vampire is returned to the nearest spawn point unless killed by Dragon Fire (only way to kill it for good)

Some really nice ideas here.

I like the Supernatural Movement, but I am a bit concerned how would it work with a different number of Survivors. There would be a big diffence when playing with 4 or with 6.

I plan to design this Quest arround an irregular experience. The Quest should force one Survivor to get ahead with experience at the expencse of other Survivors. So one of them could be on an orange level while the others would be on blue or yellow.
And I think that in this case the "hunting the most experienced Survivor" would fit better.

The main objective should be killing the vampire for good by preventing him from respawning. This could be done by standing on a Spawn Zone where he's going to respawn. So "returning to the nearest Spawn Zone" could bring a nice twist.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Sena
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
Apocalypse Dude wrote:
Well, we already have Skeleton Archers and werewolves so other monster types are possible.

They are zombie wolves, not werewolves.

I do still agree that vampires totally fit in with everything else..

---

Unless you were referring to the wolf Abomination.. I guess he does kinda look like a were-wolf.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Muller de Schongor
France
Cachan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Abominalpha looks even more like a werewolf, and a few biographies from BP's KS mention werewolf, so we can fairly assume there are such things in the Zombicide universe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Hawley
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmb
I know, I'm late to this party, but I have just picked ZBP up and here are my thoughts on this one.

Place a coffin at the spawn point and this is the vamp re-spawn point. Destroy the coffin with dragon fire to destroy the vamp else the vamp re-spawns at the coffin if killed.

Have the vamp stalk the character that is most isolated or the weakest: Picking them off one by one and increasingly inspiring dread in the heroes.
The vamp will freely move through open or closed (mist form) doors to avoid areas with 3 or more characters to achieve this objective.

Give the vamp +1 action per character killed.

IDK, just some ideas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.