Canada
Etobicoke
Ontario
flag msg tools
CHEESEHEAD
badge
GO PACK GO
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wondering if the wooden components in retail version is same as the original print run. I opened mine and setup for Automa play but the white monument had to push into spot on player mat. Other buildings were loosey goosey in spot on player mat. Anyone else noticing this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Ferguson
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Same as the KS version, some slight manufacturing tolerances were off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alain: Yes, they're the same components. I haven't heard of the white mine being tight, though--you sure it's in the right place? It's fine for the buildings to be a little loose--the intent of the dual layers is to prevent them from sliding around if you nudge the table or need to move the mat.

So what we really cared about what making sure the components fit, even if it takes a little push. It's normal for the white and yellow components to fit a little more snuggly because they needed an extra layer of paint (since they're lighter colored).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
v b
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hoolio wrote:
Just wondering if the wooden components in retail version is same as the original print run. I opened mine and setup for Automa play but the white mine had to push into spot on player mat. Other buildings were loosey goosey in spot on player mat. Anyone else noticing this?:what:

Where did you even find this game to purchase? I've been looking online for weeks and only can find REALLY expensive miscellaneous copies. :(

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alain Houle
Canada
Etobicoke
Ontario
flag msg tools
CHEESEHEAD
badge
GO PACK GO
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Jamey for that explanation. The paint must be the reason. It was definitely the right spot and needed a good push to fit in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alain Houle
Canada
Etobicoke
Ontario
flag msg tools
CHEESEHEAD
badge
GO PACK GO
mbmbmbmbmb
Managed to get in on the pre-order for second phase. I would check with your FLGS or favorite website for preordering the next reprint which should be in stores in a few weeks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alain Houle
Canada
Etobicoke
Ontario
flag msg tools
CHEESEHEAD
badge
GO PACK GO
mbmbmbmbmb
The word mine was used previously in the post so my brain picked that instead of what I meant to say, which was the monument I believe. The steps token.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
v b: We have a new reprint arriving in stores in about 2 weeks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Brandt
United States
Manchester
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Skrell wrote:
Hoolio wrote:
Just wondering if the wooden components in retail version is same as the original print run. I opened mine and setup for Automa play but the white mine had to push into spot on player mat. Other buildings were loosey goosey in spot on player mat. Anyone else noticing this?:what:

Where did you even find this game to purchase? I've been looking online for weeks and only can find REALLY expensive miscellaneous copies. :(

CoolStuffInc has over 20 copies in stock well below MSRP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
v b
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
v b: We have a new reprint arriving in stores in about 2 weeks. :)

Any changes in the reprint?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We fixed a few typos in the rules, but that's it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Emme
United States
Reno
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
done111 wrote:
CoolStuffInc has over 20 copies in stock well below MSRP.

I must have missed this because they are currently showing this game as "out of stock". I hope that this wasn't all of the reprint supply that Jamey spoke of earlier.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The second reprint will arrive at retailers roughly around December 1. I update that date as I get more information on this page: http://stonemaiergames.com/buy-scythe/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Emme
United States
Reno
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good to know. Thanks for the response and link, Jamey.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Larson
United States
Coon Rapids
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hoping this gets to retailers soon. I have been keeping an eye on this as part of the BGG Secret Santa. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's in the shipments that we've been sending to distributors, so retailers should get them really soon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Larson
United States
Coon Rapids
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome! Thank you very much for the response. Hoping to make someone's Christmas extra bright.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.