Popular Tags: [View All]
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
the base game appears to come with only four "games" (sessions), and based on what i've read here on BGG "once you've played one you won't want to play the same one again"...

so i'd be buying this just to play 4 times?

thanks...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Paul
Iceland
Reykjavik
None
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, it only has 4 plays in the box, but they provide files to print out online so that you could sell your copy to somebody else. They have also announced extra content coming in 2017, if you keep your copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
murksofus wrote:
Yeah, it only has 4 plays in the box, but they provide files to print out online so that you could sell your copy to somebody else. They have also announced extra content coming in 2017, if you keep your copy.
where would i find these "files to print out"? are they here on BGG? on their website? maybe the info (a link) comes with the game?

(only asking because my game arrives today, and i'm already thinking of returning it un-opened if it's just 4 plays...my fault, i should have known that before buying obv)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Paul
Iceland
Reykjavik
None
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
John_VW wrote:
murksofus wrote:
where would i find these "files to print out"? are they here on BGG? on their website? maybe the info (a link) comes with the game?

(only asking because my game arrives today, and i'm already thinking of returning it un-opened if it's just 4 plays...my fault, i should have known that before buying obv)

Yeah, they're on the company's website:

http://escaperoomthegame.com/en-us/faq

In the FAQ it says that if you click on each adventure, then "Downloads", and there you can find the files.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
murksofus wrote:
John_VW wrote:
murksofus wrote:

In the FAQ it says that if you click on each adventure, then "Downloads", and there you can find the files.
i went there using the link, and do see 2 "expansions" listed...but there's no way to download anything?

(Edit) all you can do is download the same 4 that come with the game; there's nothing new there to download...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
www.Meetup.com/ArizonaGames
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
John_VW wrote:
murksofus wrote:
John_VW wrote:
murksofus wrote:

i went there using the link, and do see 2 "expansions" listed...but there's no way to download anything?

(Edit) all you can do is download the same 4 that come with the game; there's nothing new there to download...

Correct. They aren't going to give away the expansions, you are going to have to buy them.

Our game group has a ton of fun with the scenarios. If replayability is super important to you, than you should probably send it back.

I just print off a few sheets of paper and let another game group play through them again. So for me it's worth it, as it's a one of a kind experience, just like going to a movie or going to a real life escape room.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Paul
Iceland
Reykjavik
None
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
John_VW wrote:
murksofus wrote:
John_VW wrote:
murksofus wrote:

The downloads I was talking about was downloading content for the 4 adventures in the box, to replace components that you "use" during the game.

Expansions you can then buy in the future. They're not going to let you download those for free

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This game is in the same category as the following experiences:

T.I.M.E Stories
T.I.M.E Stories: The Marcy Case
T.I.M.E Stories: The Marcy Case
T.I.M.E Stories: Under the Mask
T.I.M.E Stories: Expedition: Endurance

Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective: The Thames Murders & Other Cases
Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective: The Mansion Murders
Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective: The Queen's Park Affair
Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective: Adventures by Gaslight
Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective: Jack the Ripper & West End Adventures
Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective: Murder Behind Closed Doors

Mythos Tales

Risk Legacy

Pandemic Legacy: Season 1

All of these are effectively "one and done". Either knowledge that cannot be unlearned is gained or components are altered in a non-reusable way.

It is obviously up to the individual consumer to determine if the price of entry is worth it. I have most of the items on the above lists and have enjoyed the experiences.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.