$30.00
steve brothers
msg tools
If your game collection needs a Grand Prix racing game with STUNNINGLY good looking game components then look no further!

I am not the designer nor do I know him or anyone associated with this project. I just REALLY appreciate the elegant simplicity and overall style of this game and want to see it funded.

Please check it out....

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1074108816/lacorsa-gran...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
But the drumbeat strains of the night remain in the rhythm of the newborn day.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

. . . and you won't believe what happens next!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steve brothers
msg tools
Yeah I probably deserve that.

Sorry for the PT Barnum promotion...but I really like what I see in this game.

"click bait" humor warranted and approved! "Stamp!"

:-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheevers
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to admit, and I'm sorry for being that guy, but after the build up I was kind of expecting more especially at that price point.

It seems pretty much like this very old game - Formula Motor Racing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

Well shit, I gave it a cursory look and was completely turned off by the idea of a racing game with no race track. But I watched the play-through, and damn if it doesn't look like an interesting game. It has a sort of Coloretto flair to it, where you play multiple hands and total your score at the end.

Still pricey though.

S.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Strokes
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Yeah, totally agree with you.
The design is stunning.
The game play looks fun. it maybe simple, but in the simplicity hides should be some fantastic strategy.
Looks good to play with the family and the weekly boardgames meet.

Just hope it gets funded
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Kitching
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
solove wrote:
I have to admit, and I'm sorry for being that guy, but after the build up I was kind of expecting more especially at that price point.

It seems pretty much like this very old game - Formula Motor Racing

Or this one Cthulhu 500

It does seem very expensive for two packs of cards, probably because of the car models and the wooden board: those should have been reserved for the deluxe version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Kitching
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, $8 per car for the extra cars!
You should be able to pimp the print and play version with reasonable "toy" cars for that or less.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steve brothers
msg tools
Re: Lacorsa Grand Prix racing game now on kickstarter! Wow...are these game components beautiful
What grabs me is the elegant simplicity of the game components and rules. For some games "less is more" and I think this one does that well. With a racing theme I think the tendency would be to go deep on both the ruleset and the game pieces.

Sometimes I don't want a crap ton of rules and complexity. I just want a game that distills its theme down to the core. This game appears to do exactly that. Qualifying, Passing, getting to the front of the pack and then extending your lead before your cards run out. Done and done!

The 60s art style grabs me just like the old Grand Prix, monaco, le mans posters from back in the day did back in my youth.

I should add, I love open wheel racing and don't have any racing board games in my pretty extensive game collection. I want this to be my first new racing board game. I used to play mille Bornes back in college and have fond memories of it.

Simply put,I think Lacorsa would be a great racing game for anyone's collection.

P.S. sagrilarus I looked up coloretto and agree with you. Might have to give that one a closer look!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
This game should be selling for $19.95 the way Coloretto does. That's the problem. A deck of 108 cards and five pieces of cardboard is appropriate for this title.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steve brothers
msg tools
I hear ya and completely understand!

Although cardboard pieces would certainly suffice, custom crafted wood components add a MUCH nicer tactile element. This can be said for just about any game.

Everyone has their price point.

I appreciate and respect your honest review.

Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I love the parts. I've backed this project, and I probably wouldn't have if it wasn't so visually appealing -- even if it was cheaper.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to watch the promo video to really make up my mind, but the game does look interesting. This may be one that I actually pledge at the PnP level; while the wood bits look great, that's a little too much for me right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry
United States
Graham
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am backing this game because its a racing game but totally different than anything I've seen. Love the cars and the retro graphics too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Strokes
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Almost funded.
Getting excited for this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dried Moss
United States
California
flag msg tools
Gorgeous wooden racecars on a unique wooden playing board. The card design is thematic and informative. All the gameplay mechanics are designed to replicate the moment to moment reaction and timing of a race between each racecar and its driver (the player). From pushing your luck early to gain the pole position, having a card only playable if your drafting, pushing the limit of your hand to pass another racecar, to playing a card at the right time to pull away from the pack the game is dripping with thematic play. I am so excited to see LACORSA reach the finish line and succeed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Arctica' Gary
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see the point of the piece of doorway trim being included to line the cars up on. Just adds weight and cost.

Seems like it could be a cheaper game without it and not lose anything since its not a real track anyway.

And how can the blue cars cost $16 if 6 are included in the base game. $10 is probably a more appropriate price for those

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Naomi Ooooooooo

Alaska
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Want to play this game between James Bond movies... have a Grand Prix race chase without the danger. Beautiful. I hope it funds

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Haskins
United States
California
flag msg tools
Thanks for the feedback 'Arctica' Gary. I have heard this from multiple sources. Today we announced the 'Players Edition' at $30 without the wooden board. I know this may still be at the upper end for a game of this sort but the racecar playing pieces are what drive the cost up. Also remember, the French Racing Blue cars are a one time exclusive offer and will be produced in very limited numbers. Thanks again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.