Virre Linwendil Annergård
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Forza Bajen!
badge
... and still sober
mbmbmbmbmb
A long time ago I posted a question about having thralls in games...

... Now that game has become a prototype, thanks to my girlfriend who is good at drawing and such like. So I though I would write a bit about it, this is as I said, mostly a blog post.

First of the game has a working name of Blot in Swedish (translate to Sacrifice, but the word means to Sacrifice in and acient Scandinavian way. (= Vikings) The heritage of it is unknown according to my book of the backgrounds of words).

The games are played in months, although they are only important at month 6 and 12 as those are the only time you might Blota (Sacrifice). The others is just to keep track. You choice an action each turn.

As the game is now the goal of it is to wander around a rune system with a marker for the good you choice to support. The points you get by Sacrificing Plants (1 point), Pigs (3 points) and Thralls (5 points).

Plants you get by planting fields (marked with cards), and having one thrall handling them. One thrall might handle masses of fields though. (You start with one thrall)

Pigs you get by having 2 of them (you start with a boars and you might only have one boare at a time) and all pigs that are not boars needs a thrall to handle them. So you have one Board and one Sow (is that really the word for female pig and for planting?) you get one additional Sow. There might only be one Sow born per turn except for a rule that I will explain in a minute.

Thralls you get by going on "Färd" (not sure that is the correct Swedish word), translets roughly to Journey. This is done by chosing a marker between 1 and 4 (there is just 4 of them...). If you choise 1, you will stand off the next 1 turn, 2 you will stand off the next 2 turns and 3 you will stand off the next 3 turns. 4 is again the special rule that I have to explain now:

Buying things with points, You may always use some of the points to buy stuff. You still have to use the approaite action, and the cost is what you get when you sacrifice them. So if you want a pig, you got to choice pig and if you pay 3 points you get an extra pig (if you already have two pigs).

This is a rough draft, we are still working on the rules. The Board to play on is modular, a Isle that is different according to the number of players. There will be nice bits for everything, but they aren't finished yet. But here is the parts of board needed for a 2 player game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Gelb
United States
Los Angeles
CALIFORNIA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wow looks great. Your girlfriend is a good artist. Good luck with your project!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Dennis
United States
Pawleys Island
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Viking games? I encourage Viking games, after all, Viking is the new Pirate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Forza Bajen!
badge
... and still sober
mbmbmbmbmb
asgelb wrote:
wow looks great. Your girlfriend is a good artist. Good luck with your project!

Yes she is. Is many ways (not just art, but music and writing too...)h

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Marcussen
Denmark
Odense C
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Walsfeo wrote:
Viking games? I encourage Viking games, after all, Viking is the new Pirate.

But some of us are trying to make Pirate the new Viking

Good luck with your game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Avila
United States
Stafford
Virginia
flag msg tools
Go with god, and fight like the devil
mbmbmbmbmb
virre wrote:
So you have one Board and one Sow (is that really the word for female pig and for planting?) you get one additional Sow.

Two words- they are spelled the same, butpronounceddifferently.

Sow (female pig) is pronounced as "sau"

Sow (plant seeds) is pronounced as "so"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Forza Bajen!
badge
... and still sober
mbmbmbmbmb
This project ended quite some years back (when the previous mentioned girlfriend become an ex-girlfriend. It was something like two years back)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wynand Louw
South Africa
Cape Town
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe it is a good thing it ended...

Lets see, you get 5 points for killing a slave???

Utterly delightful!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls