$30.00
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Smash Up» Forums » Variants

Subject: Honor & Heathens Custom Expansion (Gunslingers, Samurai, Goblins, Knights) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jayden James
msg tools
Hey smashers,

I am excited to present to you all my custom Smash Up expansion - Honor & Heathens. I have been putting this together the last two months and am finally happy enough with it to put it out there for gaming fun. A dropbox link to the card files, card descriptions, faction descriptions, clarifications and design notes can be found at the bottom of this post. Take a look and if you like what is there give them a go. With that, let me give you the factions.

1. Gunslingers
It’s a wild wild world out there in the East. The Gunslingers have a whole range of suspect characters in their ranks each with their own agenda. The Sheriff and Bounty Hunter work to lock up and cash in minions for their own gain while The Man With Many Names is a one man army of destruction. This round up of misfits use your deck as their guns, shooting cards off the top in all directions. Find yourself in their crosshairs and you could be next. Make sure to pay close attention though, Eastworld may not be all that it seems.

2. Samurai
The Villagers of Smash Up have had their bases exploded time and time again over the past few years and are fed up with it. They have hired Seven noble Samurai to assist them in keeping their bases safe. The Samurai work to defend the bases each in their own unique way, giving them just enough time train the villagers to become strong enough to fend off the minions themselves.

3. Goblins
The Goblins are a hot mess of self-destructive explosives. They wreak havoc not on their opponents…But themselves! Individually the Goblins are weak and pose no threat to a base, but leave them unchecked and you’ll soon face the full force of the fumbling tumbling hoard with them blowing up not just themselves but your game too.

4. Knights
The Knights of the realm have gathered to out-do themselves in gallantry and chivalry. Each Knight works to out-do the other, saving minions in distress from otherwise certain doom. They ride in and out of bases taking opponents minions with them along the way. However charming they may be don’t be fooled, there may be just a little more in it for them than you think.

That's it. I have spent the last month playtesting and adjusting (thanks to all my patient friends) to try and get these to fit right thematically, with the other decks and most of all to be as fun as they can. There is a whole lot more description in the 'design notes' for anyone interested. If you have any questions feel free to ask and if you have a chance to play please let me know what fun combos/plays you come across. Happy smashing.

Printout Link
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tgwikao61m5r4at/HaH%20Card%20Print...

Dropbox Link
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vumh39udjbdbn8x/AAC2g5De8N9uU5LWI...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pablo Grande
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome!

It seems like you worked a lot on those factions. I love the fact that you show them as an expansion with their own name, that makes it more Smashuplike.

I really really like the idea behind the Samurai faction and how its mechanics make sense through the theme.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan G
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Really enjoying the uniqueness of those factions, especially the Knights (love the Dungeon base!)
The designs are great and pretty consistent too.
Good job! I want to test some of these now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jayden James
msg tools
amaZuu wrote:
Really enjoying the uniqueness of those factions, especially the Knights (love the Dungeon base!)
The designs are great and pretty consistent too.
Good job! I want to test some of these now.

Thanks for the kind words

We have had a lot of interesting games with The Dungeon, it definitely influences a lot of the game decisions when it appears. If you get these printed out and have a chance to play with them let me know what fun plays you have. We have found there is nothing more fun than doing a shoot out with the Gunslingers, even when you are on the wrong side of it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Sharvo
msg tools
Where did you find the art for The Majestic Three? I can't find it anywhere online and like it lol. Great awesome decks btw

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jayden James
msg tools
anomia1 wrote:
Where did you find the art for The Majestic Three? I can't find it anywhere online and like it lol. Great awesome decks btw

http://www.ourtownperrysburg.com/image/2013/03/02/800x600_b1...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Sharvo
msg tools
Hmm link does not work. Error 404- File or Directory not found. I really appreciate you trying to send it to me, very cool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.