Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I am tired of this happening:

1. Someone posts spam.

2. Someone else replies with important information regarding, say, certain life choices one might make should one find oneself in possession of a baby which is, for want of a better term, someone else's.

3. The whole thread is deleted, thereby raising troubling questions regarding BGG's stance re: stealing babies.

Why can't these threads be A) left alone, or B) moved to some new "200 Yahoo Boots" forum? Believe me, no one understands better than I the desire to keep Chit Chat uncorrupted by random Internet garbage, but I feel that the present policy deliberately deprives people of valuable life lessons, and, frankly, exposes BGG to liability: if I take a SWAT sniper bullet in the neck instead of the head because BGG admins actively prevented me from reading the post which would have steered me in the right direction, isn't BGG at least partly responsible for my ongoing medical expenses?

Thank you.
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
: popcorn:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Tannhauser
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
Turn the figurehead into the wind, lash the crew to the masts, and God be with us.
badge
Fun Fact: Known to sniff glitter-glue out of a Muse's thong.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure BGG is "pro-baby", whatever that means.

But spam, spam isn't an interruption of the action like a canker on the revealed penis—it's an opportunity for meaningful human interaction, and in the current political climate god knows we need more of that:

SPAM wrote:
Bazaar of Documents! We can hilp you get ISO-69's, Moon Visas, "official" documentation of paperwerk. We are ligit / serious inqeries ONLY.

Serious Inqery wrote:
For some reason I have a baby that isn't mine—how I came to be in possession of this baby isn't important, and would only serve as a distracting diversion from the real problem, which that I seem to remember something about the police being less than pleased when things like this happen, and that permanently hiding the baby can bite you in the ass later, like once you're shaken whatever demon it is that causes a man to do such things as acquire babies which are strangers to him and he's happily married with several grown children who are actually his own, having come out of his wife in the usual way after the usual things (the ol' poke 'n choke, DVDA, etc., etc.) and he's a senator or something and then BAM a backhoe cracks the vault in the back 40 and DNA being DNA he's suddenly in the news, and not in the way keeps him deep in the wet, but maybe the other way around with his cellie, and while I'm something of a libertine I do prefer that my carousees honor my safe word; and in a damned-if-I-do-damned-if-I-don't conundrum, taking the baby straight to the police station or church with a gun gets the SWAT sniper out of bed and while he's very interested in doing a good job it's early and he hasn't has his coffee yet which means when he takes the shot he either wings you or gets the baby or both, which is messy and painful like a one-eyed headsman whose nickname is "Sevens" because that's the average number of whacks he takes to finish the job, and no one wants to see that.

So, long story short, can you help me with any of this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
kuhrusty wrote:
isn't BGG at least partly responsible for my ongoing medical expenses?

All rise.

Hear ye, hear ye, hear ye. The Internet Court is now in session. All those who have cause to flame draw near and you shall be felt.

BGG save this Complaint Department and this honorable Internet Court.

Please be seated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
I really need more information about how event 1 led to event 2. Do people post important baby-saving information on random threads, search out specifically spam threads to put this, or maybe the spammers put the crucial information there in a vain attempt to save their threads from destruction?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Ehlers
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
I love you!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tumorous wrote:
kuhrusty wrote:
isn't BGG at least partly responsible for my ongoing medical expenses?

All rise.

Hear ye, hear ye, hear ye. The Internet Court is now in session. All those who have cause to flame draw near and you shall be felt.

BGG save this Complaint Department and this honorable Internet Court.

Please be seated.

Why don't you have a sweet robe with lightning bolts on it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
Someone stole my robe and wizard hat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

If one suddenly finds themself in possession of a baby that is not theirs, the following steps should be followed in order:

1) Do not drop the baby (This should continue throughout the following three steps).

2) Call out to nearby humans (assuming the baby is demonstrably human) asking them if the baby belongs to them.

3) On no account should the baby be passed to a ravenous bear.

4) Check nearby doorsteps for a basket that the baby might have escaped from.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J J
Australia
flag msg tools
Nononononono.

If one finds oneself in possession of a baby that is not one's, one ought first to look both ways to see if anyone else might witness one, and then, once one has determined one's safety, then one can tuck in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kuhrusty wrote:
if I take a SWAT sniper bullet in the neck instead of the head because BGG admins actively prevented me from reading the post which would have steered me in the right direction, isn't BGG at least partly responsible for my ongoing medical expenses?
If most people had suggested that hypothetical scenario, I would have brushed it off as an improbable event. When you do, I start wondering exactly what you have planned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wayne mathias
United States
Niceville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tumorous wrote:
Someone stole my robe and wizard hat.

I have a used hat I can sell you - but it uses two Z's in Wizzard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Adelson
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Well, I see the otherness of being other is otherwise contraindicated
badge
Who cares where it came from or whether it's correct or not? Certainly not me
mbmb
Don't you people understand? Aldie's not trapped in here with YOU! You're
trapped in here with HIM!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmb
How is Babby Formed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete
United States
Northbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kuhrusty wrote:
I am tired of this happening:

1. Someone posts spam.

2. Someone else replies with important information regarding, say, certain life choices one might make should one find oneself in possession of a baby which is, for want of a better term, someone else's.

3. The whole thread is deleted, thereby raising troubling questions regarding BGG's stance re: stealing babies.

Why can't these threads be A) left alone, or B) moved to some new "200 Yahoo Boots" forum? Believe me, no one understands better than I the desire to keep Chit Chat uncorrupted by random Internet garbage, but I feel that the present policy deliberately deprives people of valuable life lessons, and, frankly, exposes BGG to liability: if I take a SWAT sniper bullet in the neck instead of the head because BGG admins actively prevented me from reading the post which would have steered me in the right direction, isn't BGG at least partly responsible for my ongoing medical expenses?

Thank you.
So what you're telling me is if I want my spam to stick, I need someone else to post something more relevant in response?

Pete (has a friend or two)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.