Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Kossowan
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, we just finished game 1 (the one after the prologue) and I'm confused how to set up the next game as there is no handy-dandy Legacy deck in this particular legacy game.

Spoiler (click to reveal)

Do we just set the game up exactly as game 1 for game 2 and we keep going the same way until someone completes the UNLOCK milestone? It's the only path I can see to opening up the narrative.

Let me know if I missed something, please.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Milestones you've already completed are removed/destroyed (you can only complete them once). Otherwise everything stays the same until you've unlocked something new.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
j n
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You've got it right. The Unlock milestones are going to do the work of the Legacy deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Howard
United Kingdom
Coventry
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're spot on. Setup as you did for Game 1 with any uncompleted Milestones. There's no legacy deck so nothing is added unless an entry in the book tells you to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay Berry
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ehrine wrote:
You're spot on. Setup as you did for Game 1 with any uncompleted Milestones. There's no legacy deck so nothing is added unless an entry in the book tells you to.

Thanks for this as my question as well. And while this makes sense to me, WHERE do you find this information?
I could assume some things about Setup, but I don't like assumptions and I could easily assume opposite in many cases.

Setup - Place Milestones on their locations
But in game carryover, milestones not mentioned. So where would Milestones come from?

Have to assume keep same because otherwise what would you play, but would be real nice to state things instead of assuming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Howard
United Kingdom
Coventry
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mecheng_analyst wrote:

But in game carryover, milestones not mentioned. So where would Milestones come from?

The game carryover section tells you to "return all other cards, tokens, and pieces to the game box". Then during setup they're in the box waiting to be setup as stated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay Berry
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ehrine wrote:
mecheng_analyst wrote:

The game carryover section tells you to "return all other cards, tokens, and pieces to the game box". Then during setup they're in the box waiting to be setup as stated.

Thanks. I think when I read Setup it says place Milestone but never said where they came from, but must be game box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Howard
United Kingdom
Coventry
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mecheng_analyst wrote:

Thanks. I think when I read Setup it says place Milestone but never said where they came from, but must be game box.

Indeed. All the cards/upgrades/whatevers go into the ships wheel chest for next game (i.e. the one without a player symbol from that side). You'll soon find it's not big enough though so start dividing things between the other boxes you open
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.