Ranger Rob
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
Keeper of the *** Marvel Master Database *** A custom card directory for Marvel Legendary.
badge
Find the Marvel Master Database in the Variants section of the Marvel Legendary Forums.
mbmbmbmbmb
I just caught some a couple of parts of the new Watch it played with Rodney for the new Robinson Crusoe.

While watching it I saw the Weapon track went up to 10 rather than just the 6 on the 1st edition board. I know I've had a game where I was already at 6 weapon level then lost out on the "Old Machete" discovery token.

Made me wonder if folks noticed any other changes between 1st and 2nd edition that may not be as apparent?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Mahr
Austria
flag msg tools
Life Ain't No Zombiefarm
mbmbmbmbmb
The weapon track went up to 10 in the German edition, too, so this is not completely new to the new edition. Palisade and roof went up to 4, but in each of the max. spaces there are three dots, indicating, that you could further increase the level, if you want to. I don't think, these levels had ever been considered to be possibly maxed out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
Chalfont
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RangerRob24 wrote:
I just caught some a couple of parts of the new Watch it played with Rodney for the new Robinson Crusoe.

While watching it I saw the Weapon track went up to 10 rather than just the 6 on the 1st edition board. I know I've had a game where I was already at 6 weapon level then lost out on the "Old Machete" discovery token.

Made me wonder if folks noticed any other changes between 1st and 2nd edition that may not be as apparent?

There never was a max limit of 6 for the weapon track. That is why it had ... at the top of the track. You just needed to keep track of higher values another way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ranger Rob
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
Keeper of the *** Marvel Master Database *** A custom card directory for Marvel Legendary.
badge
Find the Marvel Master Database in the Variants section of the Marvel Legendary Forums.
mbmbmbmbmb
Guess I was playing it wrong. Though I think I only hit 6 weapon level in a handful of games.

Good to know. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rui Viegas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The +1 food and +1 wood tokens seems to have changed completely:

Old version:

Exhausted source – An exhausted source does not provide any resources during the Production phase or with the Gathering Resources Action. However, if there’s a +1resource token (+1 food, +1 wood) located on the exhausted source, you still get that 1 resource.

(Page 16)

New version:

If either the +1 food or +1 wood token is on an Island tile, it produces 1 additional food or wood, but only if there is a corresponding source that has not been exhausted (covered with a marker).

(Page 13)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joffrey N.
France
Meyzieu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
True for the +1 tokens, this is indeed an impactful change imo.

I can also remember a change in Temporary Weapon Level ruling.
In previous version, it was mentioned in Comprehensive FAQ that when a card mentions the weapon level, it always refers to the permanent one (i.e. no possibility to use any temporary weapon level bonuses to meet card requirement). Also no possibility to use TWL to kill the Goat discovery token (again not in previous rulebook but in comprehensive faq).

New rules p26 :
Temporary Weapon level can be used to meet a requirement such as the Weapon level of 1 needed to use the Goat Discovery token.
Temporary Weapon level can also be used to resolve any temporary situation (Event/Adventure/Token, etc.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P Kim
United States
Washington
DC
flag msg tools
Frenzy and Hungry Animals

Old rules: Comprehensive FAQ & Errata, page 5: "When facing a Beast because of the Hungry Animals die, the Soldier is the only one benefitting from the Weapon level increase of his Frenzy skill."

New rules: Rulebook, page 34: "This ability cannot be used at any other time (e.g. during the Weather Phase)."

Moving the camp and +1 Food/Wood Tokens

Old rules: The Z-Man rules said you may move these tokens. The German rules said you must move tokens obtained from Items and Treasures.

New rules: The new version agrees with the German rules. Rulebook, page 23: "If the camp is moved from an Island tile that contains [+1 food] or [+1 wood] that were placed there due to an Item or the Hatchet Mystery card, the tokens are moved to the new Island tile."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.