Subject: Abilities that are based on the number of champions in play rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Biggs Larkdighter
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some cards have abilities based on the number of Champions in play, e.g., 2 damage for each champion in play.

Do you look at

1) the number of champions in play at the time you play the card,

or

2) would champions played later in your turn, after playing the above card, also count towards that total.

In other words, if I have two champions in play, then play a card that gives you 2 damage for each champion in play, then later on my turn play another champion, do I get

1) 4 damage

or

2) 6 damage from that card?

I think it's #1 if it's the card's main ability since a card's main ability triggers immediately when played. But I just wanted to make sure.

I guess if it was the card's ally ability you could choose to trigger it later after you played more champions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You count them when you resolve the ability.

Note that the main ability on actions and items is resolved immediately when that card is played. Other abilities (champion and ally abilities) may be resolved at any point on your turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As you already assumed it will be 4 damage.
I even asked this WWG and they confirmed it.

Edit: Typo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.