$20.00
$15.00
Rob M.
United States
College Park,
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Virtually all them have been placed in November 2016. I suggest almost all of the individuals are rating the Title and not the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Everyone is allowed one rating per game. The only time that it is an issue, is when they are not valid ratings (multiples from sock puppet accounts, for example).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomasz Podsiadło
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
@up, I've got to agree.
Maaan this is way to funny to delete!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Hancock
Austria
Wien
Wien
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree. In fact, I think all of the ratings from after 2014 should be removed as one cannot guarentee they reflect the user's opinion of the actual game.

It's a shame that politics has even poisoned our hobbies. Talking about being married to the election cycle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Larouche
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
Melting souls with cuteness since 2007
badge
Lovin' N-16
mbmbmbmbmb
slimeworm wrote:
I agree. In fact, I think all of the ratings from after 2014 should be removed as one cannot guarentee they reflect the user's opinion of the actual game.

It's a shame that politics has even poisoned our hobbies. Talking about being married to the election cycle.

I don't agree.

The rating system on BGG is supposed to be about "how much do you want to play this?".

After the current events, i can fully understand someone not wanting to touch this game with a 10' pole. Their rating of "1" is therefore completely justified.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
deedob wrote:
slimeworm wrote:

I don't agree.

The rating system on BGG is supposed to be about "how much do you want to play this?".

After the current events, i can fully understand someone not wanting to touch this game with a 10' pole. Their rating of "1" is therefore completely justified.

I think the discussion might quickly degrade into politics. Which does not belong on this forum thankfully.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Harvey
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Admins can already remove users that are deemed to be sock puppets. Allowing admins to remove ratings without any suggestion of sock-puppetry would set a dangerous president. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TonyKR
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
Send this game to RSP!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baramon
msg tools
User with Sauron's lidless eye on avatar asks to remove "bad ratings" on a Trump game, suspicious? Not even once
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Holden Kim
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

Voter suppression works in politics, so why not in BGG? lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Torres
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Those ratings are as valid as the USA presidential elections.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tabula Rasa
msg tools
mbmbmb
caracfergus wrote:
Admins can already remove users that are deemed to be sock puppets. Allowing admins to remove ratings without any suggestion of sock-puppetry would set a dangerous president. whistle

I think you mean precedent.

The US already set a dangerous president.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Tang
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Miczar wrote:
caracfergus wrote:

I think you mean precedent.

The US already set a dangerous president.

...That was the joke.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Gutrender wrote:
Virtually all them have been placed in November 2016.

Wonder if these "1" ratings contributed to the activity of the game forum, thus resulting in it hitting the hotness. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Williams
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, pretty sad when people are so butt hurt about the election that they have to carry it over into BGG, and consequently put a game on the "hotness" list because of it. gulp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmb
VolcanoMan wrote:
Wow, pretty sad when people are so butt hurt about the election that they have to carry it over into BGG, and consequently put a game on the "hotness" list because of it. gulp

Ah yes. Butt hurt. A phrase frequently used by those who engage in high-level political discussion.

Anyways, on-topic:
I consider these ratings a reflection of society's reception, which nowadays is hostile to Trump. Nobody would want to play the "Darkies in a melon patch" game in this day and age either, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Middleton
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could just rate it 10s to counteract the people that prefer incompetent criminals in government.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Hamm
United States
Huxley
Iowa
flag msg tools
See this text? It's a gratuitous waste of GeekGold.
badge
The game itself isn't important. Spending time intellectually jousting with likeminded folks is the real reason to game.
mbmbmbmbmb
That piece of tripe deserves a one rating regardless of whose name is on the box. The game is a mechanical disaster. Deleting the one ratings just rewards whatever designer created but bomb and tricks poured gamers and to thinking the game has a higher rating than it ever deserves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Pettit
United States
Gardner
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zeepje wrote:
Nobody would want to play the "Darkies in a melon patch" game in this day and age either, right?

Not so sure about that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.