Popular Tags: [View All]
rob taylor
England
bingley
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,just a couple of quick questions.
1.You use a train tile by activating it via workers with the flip tile ability?
2. When it's on its reverse side and you get to flip it again,do you take the action as well as flipping it to its vp side?
I'm thinking no,it has to be the vp side up to use it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
keighleyrob wrote:
Hi,just a couple of quick questions.
1.You use a train tile by activating it via workers with the flip tile ability?
2. When it's on its reverse side and you get to flip it again,do you take the action as well as flipping it to its vp side?
I'm thinking no,it has to be the vp side up to use it?

You get the action when you flip it face down. You do not get the action when you flip it back face up (but you will now get the VP, unless you flip it face down again)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rob taylor
England
bingley
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cheers Paul.
Really good game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Chew
msg tools
mb
Just to add on a train related enquiry:

There is no restriction when you can use your trains right? Can I flip a train to take its benefit during an opponent's turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Menlo Park
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
cowseye wrote:

There is no restriction when you can use your trains right? Can I flip a train to take its benefit during an opponent's turn?

You can flip it when something in the game gives you the right by your getting the appropriate icon. The only way this is possible on another player's turn is if you participate in the deal which gives you the flip and then, yes, you can flip it on an opponent's turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
cowseye wrote:

I saw one group at BGG CON who were playing that they could flip their trains whenever they want. This is wrong.

You can ONLY flip your train when you are activating a bonus that allows you to flip a train - not at any other time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Roitzsch
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PaulGrogan wrote:
cowseye wrote:

I saw one group at BGG CON who were playing that they could flip their trains whenever they want. This is wrong.

You can ONLY flip your train when you are activating a bonus that allows you to flip a train - not at any other time.

Yeah, I think the train tiles could be played incorrectly with the current rules by some more people.
First I thought the same but I couldn't find anything in the rules which say that you can use a train tile during the game as an everytime action like buying a worker for 800 bucks. Then the re-flip hint with Trade+Turquoise also wouldn't make any sense if you could use and turn it to the grey side everytime. I wondered long time about this part until I played it yesterday. I've seen wrong playing in some videos.
It would be great if you could make one of your great videos for Railroad Revolution and make it clear.
An extra hint in the rules about using the train tiles would be an useful addition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
shinkyo wrote:
It would be great if you could make one of your great videos for Railroad Revolution and make it clear.

The video is being filmed literally today!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel D'Cotta
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PaulGrogan wrote:
cowseye wrote:

So can we use trains anytime on our turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Menlo Park
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
SilentNSly wrote:
PaulGrogan wrote:
cowseye wrote:

So can we use trains anytime on our turn?

No.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mokey D Luffy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PaulGrogan wrote:
shinkyo wrote:

The video is being filmed literally today!

That was a pretty good video. I watched it, set the game up, read the rules, and I feel like most of it makes sense. I will now play by myself for a bit to see how true that is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.