Martians: A Story of Civilization» Forums » General

Subject: Something's not right with this game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Geppo Muzzak
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Presented at Spiel, I read people's threads, I've watched a few video gamethroughs but no review so far (rahdo, dave/lincoln/nicky/aaron, dice tower, etc. etc.).

What puzzles me is that I can't find it on amazon.. is it out or not?

Can any of you guys do a new playthrough in solo mode please? I'd like to see it. Not something about the rules... a real game from start to end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steven smolders
Belgium
Heist-op-den-Berg
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
Love to play boardgames with my family and spending time toghter
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want to buy it check it out here

http://www.boardgameshop.eu/en/catalogsearch/result/?q=marti...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GShock112 wrote:
Presented at Spiel, I read people's threads, I've watched a few video gamethroughs but no review so far (rahdo, dave/lincoln/nicky/aaron, dice tower, etc. etc.).

Can any of you guys do a new playthrough in solo mode please? I'd like to see it. Not something about the rules... a real game from start to end.

Geppo,

I'm in conversation with Krzyzstof to receive a copy of the game sooner, so I can co-host a video review and play-through of the game with Radho, but it's been extremely difficult to receive timely responses. In the end, I'm afraid, all of the U.S. shipments will be made and my video of a play-through will have far less impact.

Cheers,
Joe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geppo Muzzak
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Tell him I sent him (i think) a PM telling him I would translate the rules into italian if they needed.

Well what can I say... if they need a GOOD seller on Amazon for the USA I can recommend quite a few.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre P.
France
Strasbourg
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GShock112 wrote:

It was on KS with 2 choices : pick up at Essen or delivery in next February.

About 400 backers chose the Essen pick up so the game is out ... but it's a small batch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geppo Muzzak
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ahhh that clears it.
So it's basically a first batch for those who were there in view of mass production which has probably already started.
What about the versions? What's the difference between versions? I think I've read about extras, tokens, more mission/event cards etc. Can you clarify about this please?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kalman Perenyi
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi, check out their KS page, and look through the stretch goals. There were 3 versions available in Essen. One retail, one said "limited edition" with the KS logo , and there was another with tons of 3D minatures, but that was really expensive. (The miniatures are add-ons on the KS page.)
Hope, it helps

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T S
msg tools
mbmbmb
GShock112 wrote:

Any good ones out there yet? I saw the Dice Tower gave up due to the poor ruleset
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Cresswell
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
Kickstarter backers in the UK are still waiting for their copies to be presented. As a consequence of post-production rulebook dilemmas faced by the designers/publishers it would be safe to assume their game won't be hitting your FLGS any time soon. More the pity as it really does seem to be a decent game. I think Martians is pretty darn cool.

Fortunately I worked out how to play the game, which was quite a mission in itself, before playing my first game.

To be fair there are plenty of other medium weight and heavy titles out there which present similar learning obstacles. In my humble opinion the reason this package seems insurmountable is because the emphasis has missed the mark. For example there seems to be zero emphasis placed on the worker placement mechanism, when it differs very considerably from standard WP games.

This certainly isn't the only "challenging" rulebook that the community can expect to encounter.

It isn't the first time that Dice Tower crew will decline to properly assess a Euro-style release and it won't be the last.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.