$30.00
Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
30 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Arkham Horror: The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: Card sleeves rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Don P
Sweden
flag msg tools
Hi

Just got the game today. Havent opened the box yet lol. But wondering if any of you ppl tried sleeves for this game. Which would you recommend?
Thinking about the kmc tight fit but how will the hold the test of time and wear?
FFG seems to leave a little bit of dead space on top of the card that I dont like. But is that kind of protection actually good?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scourn1
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
For LCGs and really most card games I play, I use FFG standard sleeves (Grey). I also do not sleeve the adventure deck/bad guys just the player decks.

2.99 for 50 of FFG sleeves is a good price and their sleeves are nice a thick and last.

Penny sleeves, well are trash and I never use them. Even with them being so cheap they don't last worth anything
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Broom
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I've sleeved with Ultra Pro Clear Standards and they work just fine. I sleeved everything except player cards not in a deck which go in a binder.

The thing about sleeves though is there can be a lot of personal preference with them so might be worth reading up on some general sleeve threads here on BGG
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul S
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorks
flag msg tools
DARK IN HERE, ISN'T IT?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I decided to give it a go without sleeving.

There's nothing like as much shuffling here as in, say, the Legendary games - I've yet to get all the way through my investigator deck in a session - so I think I'm going to see how it works out sleeveless. I'll post back if I end up wrecking it.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Salay
United States
Berea
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The card backs on AHLCG are just too pretty to cover up. I use any clear sleeves right now. (Ultra Pro/Dragon Shields)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Soylent Green
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Stop hovering over me!!!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Beloch wrote:
I decided to give it a go without sleeving.

There's nothing like as much shuffling here as in, say, the Legendary games - I've yet to get all the way through my investigator deck in a session - so I think I'm going to see how it works out sleeveless. I'll post back if I end up wrecking it.


When I played - my deck was never reshuffled... but the person I was playing with had several times where he was told to reshuffle it.

I am thinking I will get just enough for the players to have their cards sleeved... we can sleeve as we deckbuild as needed etc.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I've kind of gone off the FFG sleeves (length/splitting) that I use for Netrunner, so for this one I'm trying out a couple packs of clear matte Dragon Shields.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
I've been using Dragon Shields for the last few years with Doomtown (a card game that requires a lot of deck shuffling) and they've been great. I sleeved all my AH cards in them and they fit well (color-coded for the investigator decks and clear for the scenario cards). The only downside is that they aren't cheap.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Sawatzky
Canada
Randolph
MB
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I use Mayday Premium for the player cards and the standard Mayday for the encounter cards. Nice sleeves, no dead space.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bowling
msg tools
Avatar
mb
Tried ultra pro matte clear for the first time with this game and I will never go back to Mayday.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ParisianDreams
Canada
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ultra Pro Clear. I use them for Ashes: Rise of the Phoenixborn as well. Love them. The hologram does not bother me at all.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
scourn1 wrote:
For LCGs and really most card games I play, I use FFG standard sleeves (Grey). I also do not sleeve the adventure deck/bad guys just the player decks.

2.99 for 50 of FFG sleeves is a good price and their sleeves are nice a thick and last.

Penny sleeves, well are trash and I never use them. Even with them being so cheap they don't last worth anything


If you're in continental Europe, you can get clones of those FFG sleeves which are every bit as good and cost less than half that:

Thick FFG-grey compatible:
http://www.docsmagic.de/50-Docsmagicde-Premium-Board-Card-Ga...

Thin FFG-grey compatible ("penny" sleeves, but these are quality bits for the price):
http://www.docsmagic.de/100-Docsmagicde-Board-Card-Game-Slee...

i've bought many thousands of both "penny" and "premium" sleeves from them, in various FFG-compatible sizes, and have always been happy with the price, size compatibility, and quality.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have double sleeved mine with KMC Perfect Size inners and Ultra Pro ProMatte Clear outers.

The cards are slightly narrower than other MtG standard sized cards (but only by less than 1mm) so easily fit within the KMCs.

Length wise I find the KMCs just right, being just a little (again less than 1mm) longer than the cards.

Based on the KMC fit I would say Ultra Pro Perfect Fit would also work well.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Howe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
I have double sleeved mine with KMC Perfect Size inners and Ultra Pro ProMatte Clear outers.

The cards are slightly narrower than other MtG standard sized cards (but only by less than 1mm) so easily fit within the KMCs.

Length wise I find the KMCs just right, being just a little (again less than 1mm) longer than the cards.

Based on the KMC fit I would say Ultra Pro Perfect Fit would also work well.


Thanks for this. The KMC inners you mention, those are the KMC (64 x 89mm) "pochettes" that come in 100 packs, right? I purchased the FF sleeves, but I'm considering the KMC's as it would only be a small $$ to the core and expansions to double sleeve. Are they snug width-wise in the inner sleeves?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dudeman Blarg
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'll be using Ultimate Guard Premium soft sleeves. It's not their best, it's about mid-range, but they're good regardless. But I'll be damned if I'm going to sleeve them in FFG sleeves like I do with all my LotR LCG. @_@
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
lowplayercount.com
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ParisPink wrote:
Ultra Pro Clear. I use them for Ashes: Rise of the Phoenixborn as well. Love them. The hologram does not bother me at all.


When you use clear, you can put it on the back of the card and never see it. Doesn't work so well when you use color sleeves.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
robotbunny wrote:
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
I have double sleeved mine with KMC Perfect Size inners and Ultra Pro ProMatte Clear outers.

The cards are slightly narrower than other MtG standard sized cards (but only by less than 1mm) so easily fit within the KMCs.

Length wise I find the KMCs just right, being just a little (again less than 1mm) longer than the cards.

Based on the KMC fit I would say Ultra Pro Perfect Fit would also work well.


Thanks for this. The KMC inners you mention, those are the KMC (64 x 89mm) "pochettes" that come in 100 packs, right? I purchased the FF sleeves, but I'm considering the KMC's as it would only be a small $$ to the core and expansions to double sleeve. Are they snug width-wise in the inner sleeves?

As I said, the cards a slightly narrower than other MtG standard sized cards, so the fit is not as snug as with other cards, but the fit is acceptable for me.

I believe Ultra Pro Perfect Fits / Pro Fits would fit better, but I've not tried them.

The ones I use are the ones in packaging like this:
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fed Aykin

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmb
soullos wrote:
I'll be using Ultimate Guard Premium soft sleeves. It's not their best, it's about mid-range, but they're good regardless. But I'll be damned if I'm going to sleeve them in FFG sleeves like I do with all my LotR LCG. @_@


What do you dislike about the FFG sleeves? I used them for the first time with Star Wars Rebellion (amazing game btw), and I was very happy with them. I'm planning on using them with this game as well.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Soylent Green
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Stop hovering over me!!!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Fedaykin98 wrote:
soullos wrote:
I'll be using Ultimate Guard Premium soft sleeves. It's not their best, it's about mid-range, but they're good regardless. But I'll be damned if I'm going to sleeve them in FFG sleeves like I do with all my LotR LCG. @_@


What do you dislike about the FFG sleeves? I used them for the first time with Star Wars Rebellion (amazing game btw), and I was very happy with them. I'm planning on using them with this game as well.


I'll be using them with this game. I can't stand the little hologram in the Ultra Pro sleeves and the FFG ones I know will fit great.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arkham Chronicle
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For anyone new to the desire to sleeve gaming cards or wants some specifics about what to sleeve episode two of the Arkham Chronicle talks about this very subject.

Which you can watch here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TVS3Hhqp-0&t=2s

It really is quite awful though gulp

The Arkham Chronicle Janitor
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don P
Sweden
flag msg tools
Ok I have now sleeved my cards with the KMC perfect size. Using them as single sleeve as I think it will be to expensive and overkill to double sleeve. I just hope that the KMCs hold so I dont get to regret it.
Those of you that are into these, do you also sleeve the encounter and act/agenda cards?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don P
Sweden
flag msg tools
ArkhamChronicle wrote:
For anyone new to the desire to sleeve gaming cards or wants some specifics about what to sleeve episode two of the Arkham Chronicle talks about this very subject.

Which you can watch here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TVS3Hhqp-0&t=2s

It really is quite awful though gulp

The Arkham Chronicle Janitor


Nice video dude
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don_pers wrote:
Ok I have now sleeved my cards with the KMC perfect size. Using them as single sleeve as I think it will be to expensive and overkill to double sleeve. I just hope that the KMCs hold so I dont get to regret it.
Those of you that are into these, do you also sleeve the encounter and act/agenda cards?

I've sleeved everything. But if I were to choose some cards not to sleeve they would be the player aid, act, agenda, and investigator cards.

Everything else, the player and encounter cards, gets shuffled.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dudeman Blarg
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Fedaykin98 wrote:
soullos wrote:
I'll be using Ultimate Guard Premium soft sleeves. It's not their best, it's about mid-range, but they're good regardless. But I'll be damned if I'm going to sleeve them in FFG sleeves like I do with all my LotR LCG. @_@


What do you dislike about the FFG sleeves? I used them for the first time with Star Wars Rebellion (amazing game btw), and I was very happy with them. I'm planning on using them with this game as well.


Don't get me wrong, I like FFG sleeves, they're my favorite. But they're pricey. I'm not going to sleeve another LCG with them though. Too many cards. @_@
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly B
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Don_pers wrote:
Ok I have now sleeved my cards with the KMC perfect size. Using them as single sleeve as I think it will be to expensive and overkill to double sleeve. I just hope that the KMCs hold so I dont get to regret it.
Those of you that are into these, do you also sleeve the encounter and act/agenda cards?


I have all LOTR LCG encounter decks and all Netrunner cards sleeved in these and have never had a problem. Added advantage, they store nicely in a binder.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.