The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game – The Treason of Saruman» Forums » Rules

Subject: ent of fangorn rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
peter s
Belgium
flag msg tools
Hi all,

after finally defending helm's deep succesfully, we got onto the road to isengard laugh

I have one question from stage 1B, concerning the ent of fangorn :

on the card it says :
"quest action : exhaust a hero you control to discard the top card of the encounter deck. If that hero's quest is higher than the discarded treat, place 1 resource here Then, if there are 3 resources here, discard them to take control of Ent of Fangorn. Any player may trigger this effect".

my question is :
can each player exhaust just one hero every round, or can he/she exhaust all 3 hero's every round (and thus possibly get 2 ents per round) ?

thanks !

Peter

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Cook
United States
Denton
Texas
flag msg tools
*beep*
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't believe there is a limit. You could even exhaust the same hero multiple times a round if you had a readying affect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Refsguard
msg tools
Peter;
We have exactly the same question and assume each Hero (rather than player) can attempt to place a token on an Ent each round. If only one Hero per player it would take 3 rounds to recruit only two Ents if each Hero succeeded. Statistically it would take 4 or 5 rounds to recruit just two. That results in (a) a lot of cards in the staging area at quest stage 2 and (b) a very high increase in threat level to begin the game. It would be a very difficult game under the interpretation of one attempt per player per round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.