Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
I will not rest until Biblios is in the Top 100. - Steve Oksienik
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Well I been watchin' while you been coughin, I've been drinking life while you've been nauseous, and so I drink to health while you kill yourself and I got just one thing that I can offer... Go on and save yourself and take it out on me
mbmbmbmbmb
The answer is a resounding "NO!".

Set is a card matching game in which players try to complete sets of 3 cards. Each card has 4 attributes: color, shape, shading, and number of symbos. A set is comprised of 3 cards in which each attribute is the same or different on all 3 cards.

Game play is quick. While the official rules state this game plays 2-8, you could probably play more although it could get really chaotic. One person is the dealer and lays out 12 cards. Each other person is trying to find a set. The first player to say "Set!" gets the opportunity to point out a correct set. If they are correct, they take the cards. If they are wrong, they get a -1 penalty to their final score. Gameplay continues until all 110 cards have been dealt out and there are no remaining sets on the table.

Each player scores 1 point for each set they have and a -1 for each time they try to claim an invalid set. The deal passes to the left after each hand until everyone has been the dealer. Final scores are tallied and a winner is declared.

Set is an ideal game for any light party atmosphere. It can be played by anyone: male or female, old or young, gamer or non-gamer. This game comes with a light price tag (usually under $10) making it the perfect choice to take with you to any gathering.

Is it difficult? Kinda. Is it easy? Kinda. Is it fun? Absolutely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
stormseeker75 wrote:
Gameplay continues until all 110 cards have been dealt out

That would be 81 cards, not 110. 3x3x3x3=81.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, I'm curious: How did you come up with the figure 110, Steve? Is there another similar game out there that has 110 cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I will not rest until Biblios is in the Top 100. - Steve Oksienik
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Well I been watchin' while you been coughin, I've been drinking life while you've been nauseous, and so I drink to health while you kill yourself and I got just one thing that I can offer... Go on and save yourself and take it out on me
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah sorry. Too much Ticket to Ride this weekend. But TtR has 144. Where did I come up with that number? Must have been the margaritas I was drinking while playing. Sorry!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls