Popular Tags: [View All]
Alexandre Rivaben
Brazil
São Paulo
São Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys,

I've been playing Scythe for a while and realized a small detail that I liked a lot: the achievements sheet where you can add you name by the end of a game saying, for instance, that you won with more than $100 or with a specific faction or board.

Being a huge Antiquity fan, I was thinking if we could have the same for the awesome game. So I came up with the following achievements (the idea is, after a game, the players can write their name down in this paper for posterity. I think it could be fun and a good way to push players to try different strategies. So, my first draft is:

- First player to won with St. Giorgio
- First player to won with St. Nicolo
- First player to won with St. Christofori
- First player to won with St. Barbara
- First player to won with St. Maria
- First player to finish the game with all buildings built and not won
- First player to finish the game with all houses build and not won
- First player to lose by "suffocation" (graves)
- First player to won after changing his/her saint
- First player to won before round 9
- First player to won without any grave

EDIT After suggestions:

- First player to won without changing saint
- First player to fill a city with graves
- First player to control the whole map
- First game with all spaces polluted at the end

What else do you suggest?

I am not so experienced in this game, I have only played ten games, most of it were online and I am definitely not a winner, so any suggestions you could give will be more than accepted!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pater Absurdus
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
There's really no wrong way to use a margarita pool
badge
"What is best in Life? To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been wanting something like this for games for a while. It really adds to the replay value by creating interesting goals. It can also give something of a goal for people even if they know they are likely to lose a specific session.

I haven't played Antiquity yet so can't speak to your above noted ideas but wanted to vocalize my support to trying to create a list of achievements for games!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PJ Cunningham
United States
Greenfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe add them to this Geeklist?
Boardgame Achievements
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre Rivaben
Brazil
São Paulo
São Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ironregime wrote:
Maybe add them to this Geeklist?
Boardgame Achievements

Wow, really nice! I didn't know this geeklist!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre Rivaben
Brazil
São Paulo
São Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Redward wrote:
I have been wanting something like this for games for a while. It really adds to the replay value by creating interesting goals. It can also give something of a goal for people even if they know they are likely to lose a specific session.

Yes, I had never thought about this until I played Scythe and realized it makes the game even more fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pater Absurdus
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
There's really no wrong way to use a margarita pool
badge
"What is best in Life? To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."
mbmbmbmbmb
Rivaben wrote:
Redward wrote:

Yes, I had never thought about this until I played Scythe and realized it makes the game even more fun!

I sent a Geek Mail to Ted Alspach about it because I thought that Suburbia would be a good match. I never got a response but have thought about it off and on since.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malachi Brown
United States
Hermitage
TN
flag msg tools
It's turtles all the way down.
badge
“Questions are a burden to others; answers a prison for oneself.”
mbmbmbmbmb
Win without changing saint.

I don't know if I would go with the "first to" format, or if I would just have a place for players to put a name and a date for the first time they did it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Saari
Finland
flag msg tools
http://www.lautapeliopas.fi/ - the best Finnish board game resource!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fill a city with graves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Denoize
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
- First player to control the whole map
- First game with all spaces polluted at the end (no real interest except fun)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre Rivaben
Brazil
São Paulo
São Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Malachi wrote:
Win without changing saint.

I don't know if I would go with the "first to" format, or if I would just have a place for players to put a name and a date for the first time they did it.

I have been thinking about what you said. For me, the problem with not using the "first to" format is that it could become only a statistics sheet and it seems that it loses the feeling of achievement.

Other alternatives could be: create an achievement sheet per player or create, for instance, 3 slots for each achievement, if some slot is empty, you can still write down your name.

What do you guys think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre Rivaben
Brazil
São Paulo
São Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My plan is to put all these achievements in a PDF file so everybody can download and use it. However, I was thinking to use some background image or fonts (but I am terrible on that!). Is somebody available to help?

Another thing is: I want to add a name to each achievement, for instance, the "fill a city with graves" could be "Vampire achievement".

Do you have any ideas?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.