1 , 2  Next »   | 

Star Wars: Imperial Assault» Forums » General

Subject: Anything new about the App for this game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pasquale Cirone
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got excited back at GenCon 2016 when the app for this game was announced.Since then, I've bought the game and would like to play it, preferably solo or as a coop with the App. Indeed, the App for me would add a ton of value for me.

But I haven't heard anything official since August. I didn't expect this would have been released this year, but I was wondering if anyone had any updates regarding the App's development. Any rumors out there?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas with Subtrendy
msg tools
mbmbmb
Apparently it's still coming. They had deleted the tweet not long after making it, making some people think the project was scrapped, but the general consensus now seems to be that it's coming eventually.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Simcoe
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agree, its something that they just said they plan to do at some point, rather than a definite product release for a specific date. Its probably months away before they even officially announce anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Hersey
United States
Peoria
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FFG doesn't like to make announcements unless they are getting close to completion, like if the game is at the printer or "on the boat". However, since this is an app, I won't be surprised if they remain silent until the app is a month away from release
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasquale Cirone
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm just grateful that it's still in the works.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aleksandar Djordjevic
Serbia
flag msg tools
Why wouldn't it be? Is there a chance that they can cancel the app? Did it happen before with some other games? I just bought Core game + 2 exp because of the upcoming app
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
aleksdj wrote:
Why wouldn't it be? Is there a chance that they can cancel the app? Did it happen before with some other games? I just bought Core game + 2 exp because of the upcoming app :D

Yes, since they only have a license for board games, the owners of the license for Star Wars apps might object to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
That is the rumour, but we've yet to see any confirmation of this being a problem. FFG has announced via a tweet that was deleted, but they also had a slide in their presentation. The slide basically said the number one question they get is "Are you making an app for IA like you did for Descent?" And the designer giving the presentation said the answer is YES! Now leave us alone, in good humour.

So it IS coming, there is no doubt about it, we just don't know when.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This issue is very important for me as well. I have the base game but would greatly prefer playing it with my buddy against an AI instead of going head-to-head with each other.

I'm holding off buying any expansions until the app has arrived and I have seen raving reviews of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next total solar eclipse holiday in 2017 in the USA.
mbmbmbmbmb
While waiting for more information about the app development, there are a couple of variants for solo/co-op play:
RedJak's Automated Imperial Variant (RAIV) V1
RedJak's Automated Emperor Variant V2

The RAIV assets are also in the Vassal IA Campaign module.
VASSAL: Imperial Assault - Campaign

One on my saviors (to get Imperial Assault played almost as much as I desire) are the Play By Forum campaigns where you get to play against all kinds of players to supplement any campaigns I can get played with my face-to-face group. (I have finished 3 PBF campaigns, 1 is on hold, 1 is now in the finale and 1 over half-way. Time to start new ones soon.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giannis Tilias
Greece
Thessaloniki
EVOSMOS
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And the RAEV project can also be foundvin the playstore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Dallas
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gawain wrote:
aleksdj wrote:
Why wouldn't it be? Is there a chance that they can cancel the app? Did it happen before with some other games? I just bought Core game + 2 exp because of the upcoming app

Yes, since they only have a license for board games, the owners of the license for Star Wars apps might object to it.

they never would have made any announcement without having the proper licenses already
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Davison
United States
Hartland
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Darksbane wrote:
Gawain wrote:
aleksdj wrote:

they never would have made any announcement without having the proper licenses already

Well, yes, but they were lightly burned by IA infringing on their lack of a Star Wars board game license.

But, I thought I heard one of the designers mention in an interview that they were looking at a Q1 2017 release for the app.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dalkinn wrote:
But, I thought I heard one of the designers mention in an interview that they were looking at a Q1 2017 release for the app.

Where?

Chris Petersen said to expect more information "sometime next year".

FFG In Flight Report, starting 6:40.

In another GenCon review something more was revealed ("It will be fun!"), but I have not heard about release timetable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Borat Sagdiyev
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gampie wrote:
This issue is very important for me as well. I have the base game but would greatly prefer playing it with my buddy against an AI instead of going head-to-head with each other.

I'm holding off buying any expansions until the app has arrived and I have seen raving reviews of it.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for an app that allows you to play any one of the published campaigns.

As it has been eloquently expressed before in other threads, that's simply not going to happen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean L
United Kingdom
Coventry
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Darksbane wrote:
Gawain wrote:
aleksdj wrote:

They made an entire game, this one, without having the proper license in place. Go back and read about what happened around launch.

So I can definitely imagine a single slide in a PowerPoint presentation happening without having verified the proper licenses ahead of time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
harzal wrote:
Gampie wrote:

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for an app that allows you to play any one of the published campaigns.

As it has been eloquently expressed before in other threads, that's simply not going to happen.

I know that. Expansions would allow me to deploy a greater variety of troops, maybe even tiles. That will spice things up instead of always using units from the base game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Borat Sagdiyev
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Expansions certainly will. An app will not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Taylor
Switzerland
Uster
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GladiatorGr wrote:

How the bloody hell did I miss that?? Looks fantastic!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Dallas
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Deano2099 wrote:
Darksbane wrote:
Gawain wrote:
aleksdj wrote:

They made an entire game, this one, without having the proper license in place. Go back and read about what happened around launch.

So I can definitely imagine a single slide in a PowerPoint presentation happening without having verified the proper licenses ahead of time.

Can you link this? I don't recall them not having a license when they announced this game, it turned out they ended up needing something slightly different that what they had but from what I recall they always were dealing with Hasbro with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Darksbane wrote:
Can you link this? I don't recall them not having a license when they announced this game, it turned out they ended up needing something slightly different that what they had but from what I recall they always were dealing with Hasbro with it.

FFG has the Star Wars license for miniatures games from LFL/Disney. Hasbro has the Star Wars boardgame license from LFL/Disney. Someone else has the Star Wars electronic games license. I won't repeat something that can be found with a few choice search words, but now FFG and Hasbro has an agreement - contents of which we don't know, but apparently it allowed Star Wars: Rebellion to be released and FFG can now release other SW boardgames.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the "more in-depth" information about the app I mentioned earlier. If you have something more definite, please post it.

Around 10:00
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Armstrong
Canada
Waterdown
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
a1bert wrote:
Here's the "more in-depth" information about the app I mentioned earlier. If you have something more definite, please post it.

Around 10:00

Excellent! thanks for posting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GladiatorGr wrote:

My Google-fu is weak and I'm having trouble finding it. Do you have a link?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Davison
United States
Hartland
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MentatYP wrote:
GladiatorGr wrote:

My Google-fu is weak and I'm having trouble finding it. Do you have a link?

Looks like this might be it:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kckaiwei.A...

a1bert wrote:
If you have something more definite, please post it.

I thought it was in a designer interview, nothing official from FFG. I listened to the interview on boardwars.eu again and they declined to comment about the release date there. That date is an oddly specific thing for me to recall incorrectly, but perhaps I did. You're into the know on these things more than I.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.