I'm happy to present the next wolf of the week -
Kevin
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common:
badge
They don't alter their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views.
mbmbmbmbmb

Disney Gauntlet was the first game I remember playing with stonecutter and it was a blast watching him shift forms halfway through the game and go full outed evil. He did an incredible job and made me crack up countless times throughout that game. And that's what Stone's like in all the games he plays - if you let him survive a day or two, he kicks into high gear like no one else I've seen and will be relentless at searching every post everyone made. I've never had someone who can look at every post I made (as evil) and be able to say "Oh, well, look at this list of reads clearly these people are evil together" and be so dead on. He's one of the people that I'm most worried about when I'm evil and most excited to be on a team together as good.

Stone's a great person to play with and to chat with and I hope our schedules work out sometime to let us meet! But until then, he always makes me smile when I see him around BGG.
stonecutter129 wrote:
Board games have been a big part of my life. Throughout high school I would game with a group of friends after school when I could and it really meant a lot to me. When I went off to college, I met a whole lot of really fun board gamers, and then when I moved to Chicago for grad school I tried to be a big part of the gamer population when I was there.

I've always loved playing games, which is in stark contrast to the rest of my family, so it was a really important thing to have friends to play board games with. I played a lot of video games when I was younger, but the evolution moved to board games as I got older, since the commitment was not quite as much, and it was easier to play a game when you had the free time.

So, as far as my favorite games go, my all time favorite is definitely Yahtzee. (Just kidding). In reality I loved playing old classic games like Risk, Diplomacy, which eventually set me up for some more instensive board games recently such as Mage Knight, World of Warcraft board game, and Battlestar Gallactica. I also love some easier board games as well, especially ones I can be less intense about, such as Settlers of Catan, Galaxy Trucker, Space Alert, Cosmic Encounters, Codenames, and Don't Wake Daddy.

I was introduced to Werewolf, and actually that was where I was really introduced to the wonderful community on here. I love playing social deduction games like the Resistance, Coup, Avalon, but I really loved Werewolf. I didn't mind the elimination and enjoyed watching even when eliminated, and loved the thrill when you finally figure something out, or find that logic flaw that keys the way to victory.

Even though I have been gone for a couple months now with student teaching, I still have great memories of the great games that went right and wrong for me. I still remember the first Witch Hunt game which was my first game, and being the only person who was right about Syntax while everyone wanted to lynch Vanders, because no one listened to my logic, which I could still repeat today. Rainbows 3 is another one that came to mind, and was really a game where I really earned a lot of respect in the community nearly winning a final 3 faceoff with Chrono. Under the Sea 1, but definitely not Armored Werewolf (Sarah).

As an evil team member, Werewolf Legacy 8 was a fun one, but I got quite a bit of benefit of the doubt as that was when my schedule began to close up for student teaching. My other two times to shine were each in majority rules games Meditations (my first game as evil), and Rainbows Majority Rules. The games I mentioned are some of many that I played. I still think about the site a lot, and wish I had a position where I could play games while at work like so many of you. I should be able to play more next month, and am really looking forward to playing with so many of you again. I miss you all very much

It was a pleasure to meet so many of you at Gencon. I wish my schedule worked to go to Cabincon and BGG con, but I do plan on going to next year's Cabincon! It was an amazing experience and I hope to do it again really soon.

Poll
Two truths and a lie!
Beren's the worst!
I got a Cubs World Series tattoo recently. (Cub hint)
I got dumped at Gringotts Bank at Universal Studios.
      12 answers
Poll created by monogarden

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah
msg tools
Well behaved women don't defeat empires.
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats, Stone!!!

What is your favorite part about teaching?
What board game have you recently played that you didn't anticipate you would like but you did?
What advice would you give to someone just learning Haggis?
How many times is 'too many' to play Hearts in one day?
What is your second favorite MLB team?
If you couldn't teach what career path would you most likely take?
What is your favorite type of french fry?
What is your favorite show on Netflix?
How much would someone have to pay you for you to eat a fork (you can bend it and gnaw it but cant use anything else to destroy it)?
What is your favorite mode of transportation?
How jealous are you that I get to meet Beren before you do?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Secret love message!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I miss you, Stone. =)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Żarski-Riley
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
Just take a moment for yourself
badge
I have no idea
mbmbmbmbmb
Which is your favourite horse-type creature?
Would you rather eat a whole lemon or a whole banana?
Score the winning point to win the championship for your favourite sports team or win $5m?
What's your favourite type of flower?
How many bird species can you identify just by sight?
Would you rather eat a lb of chocolate or a lb of fruit cake (1 sitting)?
Have you ever streaked?
You have to exchange your non-writing hand for either a telescope or a microscope, which do you choose?
What's the riskiest thing you've ever done?
Do you like peanuts?
Who is the best character from Saved By The Bell?
Why is it Zach?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gaius Ceaser
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TFang wrote:
I miss you, Stone. =)
Wait, is he gone?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Żarski-Riley
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
Just take a moment for yourself
badge
I have no idea
mbmbmbmbmb
GaiusJC wrote:
TFang wrote:
I miss you, Stone. =)
Wait, is he gone?

Temporarily. He shall return

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Secret love message!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GaiusJC wrote:
TFang wrote:
I miss you, Stone. =)
Wait, is he gone?

He is an infrequent player, and he's great, so that is sad!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gaius Ceaser
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TFang wrote:
GaiusJC wrote:
TFang wrote:
I miss you, Stone. =)
Wait, is he gone?

Well, stone I miss you too! The last few games I played with you were fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
They don't alter their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah!

Sorry, I just saw this was live.

Gaius, yes I've been gone, but I should be back the week after Thanksgiving.

Do we have a new Cassy?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SarahBoBara wrote:
Congrats, Stone!!!

What is your favorite part about teaching?
What board game have you recently played that you didn't anticipate you would like but you did?
What advice would you give to someone just learning Haggis?
How many times is 'too many' to play Hearts in one day?
What is your second favorite MLB team?
If you couldn't teach what career path would you most likely take?
What is your favorite type of french fry?
What is your favorite show on Netflix?
How much would someone have to pay you for you to eat a fork (you can bend it and gnaw it but cant use anything else to destroy it)?
What is your favorite mode of transportation?
How jealous are you that I get to meet Beren before you do?

My favorite part about teaching is just being able to teach something that I am passionate about to a group of kids and hopefully try to reach them. It doesn't always work, but the challenge keeps me going, and I have a great group of kids.

Recently, I played Survive! Escape from Atlantis, and played with some friends, and it was a nice chill game. It was a lot of fun and easy to play, and is a fun game to pick up while maybe watching TV or hanging out with friends and drinking or other activities.

I think understanding how to bet when you don't have a bomb is something that can be hard to do and understanding which hands you have to win, and which hands are not worth burning a wild to win.

17 hearts games are still acceptable.

The Indians of course . I would really like to see the White Sox get good again and have a good Chicago rivalry going again.

Somewhere I could benefit the lives of people around me in a positive way, but would also somehow allow me to keep playing werewolf

My favorite kind of french fries are the edible kind.

Doctor Who is no longer on Netflix. My favorite Netflix show is probably Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. Unfortunately I have been more partial to Hulu lately with great shows like Seinfeld and South Park, but I did go through a 30 Rock run lately. Futurama is a great show too, and of course Arrested Development is an all time favorite.

Unicycle

Beren and I prefer to keep things mysterious.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Smugvid wrote:
Which is your favourite horse-type creature?
Would you rather eat a whole lemon or a whole banana?
Score the winning point to win the championship for your favourite sports team or win $5m?
What's your favourite type of flower?
How many bird species can you identify just by sight?
Would you rather eat a lb of chocolate or a lb of fruit cake (1 sitting)?
Have you ever streaked?
You have to exchange your non-writing hand for either a telescope or a microscope, which do you choose?
What's the riskiest thing you've ever done?
Do you like peanuts?
Who is the best character from Saved By The Bell?
Why is it Zach?

Hippogriff.

Whole banana

Winning run cool

Probably only about six, bird classification is not my strong suit.

Pound of chocolate, no contest.

I haven't streaked, but I've skinnydipped before. Somewhat close?

Telescope, I've always been a huge astrology fan.

Leaving a career where I had the potential to make a lot of money for a career where I probably wouldn't make a ton of money. I'm happier now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Wyles
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Do your best, and that is enough.
badge
Assume at any given point I'm just screaming internally.
mbmbmbmbmb
yo yo stoneface! im super psyched for you coming back and playing some and super psyched you got wotw! much deserved bro, hope teacher training has been boss! ill have question when im coherent!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TFang wrote:
GaiusJC wrote:
TFang wrote:
I miss you, Stone. =)
Wait, is he gone?

I was one of the most active players on the site for about 8 months.

I miss you too

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, I am super jealous of everyone at bggcon.

I hope you are having fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Megan
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stone!

What's been your favorite game/role that you've played?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
monogarden wrote:
Stone!

My favorite role was the Holy Hunter role that I played in Demon Spirits. That was a game I really had a lot of things right, but I just gave Amekins the benefit of the doubt most of the time.

In fact, you were the one that got kind of screwed over by that role when you countered me with a normal hunter role claim and it didn't seem as believable compared to all of the other stuff that went on in that game.

Favorite games were Rainbows 3, Demon Spirits, and Under the Sea, where I really started to get a read on a lot of the players who would become pillars in my werewolf experience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gaius Ceaser
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stonecutter129 wrote:
Ah!

Sorry, I just saw this was live.

Gaius, yes I've been gone, but I should be back the week after Thanksgiving.

Do we have a new Cassy?
Yes, new improved shiny cassy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gaius Ceaser
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The_Rorab wrote:
yo yo stoneface! im super psyched for you coming back and playing some and super psyched you got wotw! much deserved bro, hope teacher training has been boss! ill have question when im coherent!
Are you feeling alright today?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Megan
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stonecutter129 wrote:
monogarden wrote:
Stone!

My favorite role was the Holy Hunter role that I played in Demon Spirits. That was a game I really had a lot of things right, but I just gave Amekins the benefit of the doubt most of the time.

In fact, you were the one that got kind of screwed over by that role when you countered me with a normal hunter role claim and it didn't seem as believable compared to all of the other stuff that went on in that game.

Favorite games were Rainbows 3, Demon Spirits, and Under the Sea, where I really started to get a read on a lot of the players who would become pillars in my werewolf experience.

Yeah, I did not think that claim through thoroughly!

You were so great in that game. That's the one I was talking about specifically when you went through every single post of mine practically and accurately called out who was good/evil based on that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Secret love message!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stonecutter129 wrote:
TFang wrote:
GaiusJC wrote:
TFang wrote:
I miss you, Stone. =)
Wait, is he gone?

I was one of the most active players on the site for about 8 months.

I miss you too

Yeah, but even in your downtime you pop up now and again, which is different than "gone".

This is the new Cassy, and sign up for Massacre!!!

http://cassandrawerewolf.com/index.php

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Megan
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, nice Zach gif heart

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth BK
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stonecutter129 wrote:
I would really like to see the White Sox get good again and have a good Chicago rivalry going again.

Ahem, We're 20-16 vs the Cubs this decade, including splitting the cross-town series the past 2 seasons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth BK
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bkarrigan wrote:
stonecutter129 wrote:
I would really like to see the White Sox get good again and have a good Chicago rivalry going again.

Ahem, We're 20-16 vs the Cubs this decade, including splitting the cross-town series the past 2 seasons.

In fact, 2013 was the only season since 2010 we didn't split the series or win it outright.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bkarrigan wrote:
stonecutter129 wrote:

Somehow, I'd rather take the Cubs 2016 season over the White Sox 2016 season.

We got a bigger trophy than the crosstown classic cup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth BK
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stonecutter129 wrote:
bkarrigan wrote:
stonecutter129 wrote:

Somehow, I'd rather take the Cubs 2016 season over the White Sox 2016 season.

We got a bigger trophy than the crosstown classic cup

Fair enough. Just saying the rivalry is there. Plus I can say we only lost a single playoff game in OUR championship run.

But agree, I'd love to see a cross-town WS

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.