Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
calvin chow
United States
seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is Thaug land based or water based? I'm getting ready to base my models, but can't remember this story... I thought Thaug was summoned in a dungeon, but maybe I'm mixing up stories...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Drake
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The little booklet of extra scenarios that came with the KS extras has a thing where the picts are summoning Thaug in a swamp. I think you would be safe with water.

EDIT: Of course, the original story has Thaug being a more traditional non-octopus demon, so all bets are off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donato
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe paint it more like an extra-dimensional portal Thaug emerges from. With rings of purple fire going down into the depths.

Then you get a real Lovecraft-vibe. And his base becomes multi-useful
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank BLACKFIRE
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

In the REH's novel "A Witch shall be born", Thaug seems to be more "land based" than the Monolith (Adrian Smith) interpretation which is clearly "water based".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Poor
United States
Dexter
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Are you sure you are talking about Thaug, and not Thak, or Thog or Thunk?

Seriously, what is the deal with REH and naming monsters? And all of the "lost cities" names must begin with 'X'. ??? He was so creative in other things, but just typed the first sound that came into his head for this.

And how do you pronounce Belit's name? Bay-LEET, BEL-it, BEE-leet, Bee-LEET, BAY-lit, etc. I think the circumflex over the 'e' means to accent it, but I pronounced her name at least 3 different ways last night, and I have never been sure (started reading REH in high school, read the comics, etc.) how to say it.

Just kidding on the initial question, BTW. Just could not resist the poke at monster names. Maybe they are brothers, and mom had a speech impediment...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Croquet
France
flag msg tools
mb
crispy66 wrote:
Are you sure you are talking about Thaug, and not Thak, or Thog or Thunk?

Seriously, what is the deal with REH and naming monsters? And all of the "lost cities" names must begin with 'X'. ??? He was so creative in other things, but just typed the first sound that came into his head for this.

And how do you pronounce Belit's name? Bay-LEET, BEL-it, BEE-leet, Bee-LEET, BAY-lit, etc. I think the circumflex over the 'e' means to accent it, but I pronounced her name at least 3 different ways last night, and I have never been sure (started reading REH in high school, read the comics, etc.) how to say it.

Just kidding on the initial question, BTW. Just could not resist the poke at monster names. Maybe they are brothers, and mom had a speech impediment...

I think the final "t" in Bêlit's name is silent. At least it was in the french audiobook (which may or may not be a reliable source, but I think it was reviewed by Patrice Louinet). In the french version it sounded a bit like "BElly" but phonetics is not my forte.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.