Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Olsen
Denmark
Ringsted
Danmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently got this game, and wanted to try it out solo. A few interesting 2-handed variants were available, but I did not find anything I liked for "1-handed play". Which is essential to me.

I shamelessly used some ideas from other variants and came up with these solo rules which seem to work well.

Anyway, here we go. Play as per the rules except as follows:

Setup

Only use 1 player (1 mat, 1 dice bag etc.).

The ring is used to mark Glory. Start with one of these values:
7: Easy Difficulty
5: Normal Difficulty
3: Hard Difficulty
3: Very Hard Difficulty (also see Loose conditions below)
(Note: I am not a master player, so these difficulties may need some adjustment)

The cubes are not used.

Play Order

Player, Sauron, Player, Sauron, etc.

Player's Turn

When recruting an Enemy Die is not added to Sauron's Muster Area.

Sauron's Turn

In Step 3 (Corrupt) follow these steps:
A: Reduce Sauron's corruption by any chosen amount by reducing your Glory. 1 Glory spend removes 1 Corruption
B: Corrupt the most expensive card you can given the corruption points (ties decided by Player). You may choose to corrupt a more expensive card than necesary (i.e. a cost 7 card with 6 corruption).
C: Any corruption not "spend" in (B) is saved by Sauron for the next turn.

After step 5 (Roll and Ready Dice) do step 6:

6: If a new location card was not revealed in this turn and if there are no Eye of Sauron Die in Sauron's Muster Area do the following: Put 1 Sauron Die from the Wilds (if any available) in Sauron's Active Pool

Loose

You loose if your Glory goes down to 0. You also loose if 6 cards are corrupted. Exception: If you play with the Very Hard Difficulty you will loose if 5 cards are corrupted.

That is it, except obviously the stuff I forgot to mention : - )
Please let me know if something does not make sense.

Enjoy!

Edit: Changed the loose conditions for hardest setting. Also changed it named. Changed some text wordings for better clarify.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles-David
Canada
Mascouche
Quebec
flag msg tools
“Happiness is nothing unless it exists side by side with sadness. Two sides. One coin” - 7th Doctor
mbmbmbmbmb
I will surely give this a try. thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.