GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

8,355 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Orléans: Invasion» Forums » Rules

Subject: Co-op.....WHY in the world would you???? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Vail
United States
Brownsburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ever use the Palatinate action? I can not think of a possible reason why I would do this if someone else is going to do it any way, why would I take their action?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Kerenza
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have used it twice when I've not been pursuing the scholars as I had no interest in the development track and an event has come out requiring a monk to be removed from the bag. We won one of those games so it wasn't because we were playing badly.

It is definitely not an efficient action and it should only be used as a last resort.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicol Stéphane
France
chateaugiron FRANCE
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It might be useful if you want to succeed your personal achievement at the end of the game and you have to few actions to do it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Mirfield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
Nerkey wrote:
Ever use the Palatinate action? I can not think of a possible reason why I would do this if someone else is going to do it any way, why would I take their action?

I've played Invasion quite a number of times and it has been used a lot. Not necessarily many times in one game, but overall it has been very useful.

For example if we desperately need to place coins/goods out to the Invasion board, and I'm the only one that has them, but I don't have the workers to do the action because I haven't drawn them/using them for another action/have sent them to the board. If someone else has the workers to do the action then it allows us to get the coins/goods to the board.

As I said it doesn't get used lots of times every game, and requires specific circumstances but it can be very useful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Mirfield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
bjwells wrote:
I have used it twice when I've not been pursuing the scholars as I had no interest in the development track and an event has come out requiring a monk to be removed from the bag. We won one of those games so it wasn't because we were playing badly.

It is definitely not an efficient action and it should only be used as a last resort.

I disagree I think it can be incredibly efficient. Rather than someone not using workers because they can't/don't need to do the action someone that can use them gets to. It depends on the circumstances but it can be incredibly useful. More than any other co-op this requires so much talking and cooperation. Using each others actions and sending workers to each other is a big part of this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Vail
United States
Brownsburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So a situation came up last night where a player needed to keep 10 coins for their personal goal and had 11 coins. They could have put that coin in one of the available areas. Another player had plenty of money and they used her action to be able to activate that 2 times. ONce for hers and was able to put 4 coins instead of only 1 and once on his board.

We fell short of winning by 2 stinking coins!!!!!

Such a great game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Royal Connell
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We used it twice today in the same game.

First for one player to do two travel actions to get to the citizen during the turn that Escape came up.

Second so I could place 8 coins in the city on the very last turn of the game to get us the win. The guy whose action I "took" only had one coin.

As has been said above, you don't really use it until you really need it, but it's a godsend when you do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.