Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeffrey Brady
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mb
So our group has played 5 games so far and we've found ourselves in an unexpected situation.

Box 1, 2, and 3 Opened
Spoiler (click to reveal)
We've completed all the starting milestones, as well as all of the milestones from boxes one, two, and three by game 4. We played game 5 with zero milestones, but I have the feeling we missed something. I don't have the milestone record sheet in front of me at the moment, but I am wondering if one of the milestones was an Unlock milestone and we missed that. We unfortunately tore them up and threw them away (instead of saving them in a 'removed from game' bag) so we have no way of knowing what entries to recheck. Help! (thanks in advance)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Neville
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
heliopolix wrote:
So our group has played 5 games so far and we've found ourselves in an unexpected situation.

Box 1, 2, and 3 Opened
We've completed all the starting milestones, as well as all of the milestones from boxes one, two, and three by game 4. We played game 5 with zero milestones, but I have the feeling we missed something. I don't have the milestone record sheet in front of me at the moment, but I am wondering if one of the milestones was an Unlock milestone and we missed that. We unfortunately tore them up and threw them away (instead of saving them in a 'removed from game' bag) so we have no way of knowing what entries to recheck. Help! (thanks in advance)

I think you missed a milestone. Specifically the one
where you use the strange chart to discover an island after there are 4 colonies.

I can get you the entry number in a few hours if someone else doesn't post it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq Starforged
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Every box that we've opened has at least one unlock milestone in it, which is what I expected to see.

I agree with the post above; you are likely missing the following milestone (Box 2 spoiler)
A FABLE REBORN
--
Use the Strange Chart to find the (squid picture) island. (+2 glory)
When completed, go to entry 316.

Note that the campaign does have (Box 1 spoiler)
some small potential for branching. In particular, Box 1 had two unlock milestones, which lead to Box 2 and Box 3.

You might want to confirm that you actually opened Boxes 1-3. You can do this by checking your advisor card deck. Each card has a little number on it that tells you what box it came from: 00 (for the core set), 01, 02, 03, etc. If you actually opened Boxes 1-3, then the above milestone should be the missing one; otherwise let us know which boxes you've opened and we'll see what we can do to help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq Starforged
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to follow up, I checked over our used milestones from Boxes 1-3, and it looks as though I can confirm that
(Box 2-3 spoilers)
Box 2 had two unlock milestones, while Box 3 had no unlock milestones -- it's a "dead end", and to go further you'd need to unlock the other milestone from Box 2. So this is probably the one you unlocked, and were missing the unlock for the other box. That means the milestone I mentioned above should be the one you're missing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.