Subject: First game - 3 players and update for 2 players rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bernhard Vierthaler
Austria
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We had our first game with three players tonight and we had a blast. Both of my friends liked it even better than Pax Porfiriana because of the map elements.

There is just one thing I would suggest: On the battle summary on the back page of the rules, Religious War, Victorious Tokens put into empty conquered Cities: Knight & Rooks used to attack.

I would mention here, that the Knights adjacent used to attack DO NOT move into the map tile. I know, it is in the rules but we all agreed that it should be mentioned on the summary at the back page (except we missed something here?)

Congratulations: it is another absolute winner!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Carey
United States
West Coast
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: First game - 3 players
Agreed - I played three times over the weekend (3P/4P/4P), and it is now my favorite Pax game.

And thanks for the rules clarification, we indeed played that wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernhard Vierthaler
Austria
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My pleasure! laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Okolica
United States
Washington Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Steve Carey wrote:
Agreed - I played three times over the weekend (3P/4P/4P), and it is now my favorite Pax game.

And thanks for the rules clarification, we indeed played that wrong.

Any opinions on whether 3 player or 4 player is better.... also, any thoughts on whether 2 player will be any good?

Compared to Pax Porf and Pax Pamir, any thoughts on how hard it is to teach?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roel van der Hoorn
Netherlands
Enschede
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Butterfly0038 wrote:
Any opinions on whether 3 player or 4 player is better.... also, any thoughts on whether 2 player will be any good?

Compared to Pax Porf and Pax Pamir, any thoughts on how hard it is to teach?

I've played three 2-player games and three 4-player games, unfortunately no 3-player game yet. I think 3 players may be the sweet spot.

Games with just 2 players are fine, but the comet cards can appear very quickly. This means it may be hard to keep someone from winning. Thus far, all 2-player games ended when the first comet was bought for the first action, and the victory claimed for the second action. But maybe that's just inexperience.

In general I feel Pax Renaissance is a quicker game than Pax Porfiriana. Pax Pamir takes the longest in our group.

I find all Pax games equally easy or hard to teach. They all have their own kinds of layers and interactions between cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernhard Vierthaler
Austria
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: First game - 3 players and update 2 player
We played a first 2 player today. The first comet didn´t finish the game, the second did but just because my friend played for the first time and missed his opportunity to stop me from winning.

We were happy with how the two player setup worked out, but one game is not enough for a final verdict.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.