Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Erazo
United States
Land O Lakes
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I finally had the chance to crack open the game this past weekend after getting it in a Craigslist trade along with Uprising.

Friend and I played the first scenario, me as Baron Blade, him as Legacy, Bunker, and Tachyon.

A ton of questions came up during our play session and the rulebook was frustratingly vague. Or I just missed the rules.

1) Turn Tokens. Scenario one says Villain player gets tokens 1 and 3. Heroes get 2 and 4.......what about Hero 3? Does Hero 3 not move? Or does the hero player choose which of the two heroes move that round? Or do all Heroes get even numbered tokens and Villain gets the ones stated? The scenario book was frustratingly vague on this. For each hero/villain makeup, the heroes had one less turn token allocated than heroes.

2) Range. The rulebook explains the attack dice coding, along with Area Attacks, Vector Attacks, and Melee attacks. But it doesn't specify ranged attacks. After a bit of hemming and hawing, we finally worked out that the attack dice coding is the range. So for example, if you have an attack that you roll 3 dice for with an auto miss of 2 and 4, your attack will hit at range 1, 3, 5, and 6. If your opponent is at range 6, dice 1, 3, and 5 don't hit. If your opponent is at range 1, all 4 dice hit. Is this correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dániel Lányi
Hungary
Budapest
* -Not Applicable-
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MattamusPrime wrote:
1) Turn Tokens. Scenario one says Villain player gets tokens 1 and 3. Heroes get 2 and 4.......what about Hero 3? Does Hero 3 not move? Or does the hero player choose which of the two heroes move that round? Or do all Heroes get even numbered tokens and Villain gets the ones stated? The scenario book was frustratingly vague on this. For each hero/villain makeup, the heroes had one less turn token allocated than heroes.

Read the whole paragraph, it's there, for example

MattamusPrime wrote:

2) Range. The rulebook explains the attack dice coding, along with Area Attacks, Vector Attacks, and Melee attacks. But it doesn't specify ranged attacks. After a bit of hemming and hawing, we finally worked out that the attack dice coding is the range. So for example, if you have an attack that you roll 3 dice for with an auto miss of 2 and 4, your attack will hit at range 1, 3, 5, and 6. If your opponent is at range 6, dice 1, 3, and 5 don't hit. If your opponent is at range 1, all 4 dice hit. Is this correct?

Basically yes, but I'd like to add the following:
Meelee attacks are a special case of ranged attacks, they still have to make range, but you can only target them at targets one hex away, but because of elevation difference, some die might still not make range.

The rulebook isn't the best but check out this faq. It answered everything I had so far. Once you get the hang of it, it's actually pretty intuitive.
http://www.spiffworld.com/tactics/files/tactics_faq.pdf
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luther Hendricks
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
More explicitly, in the section talking about turn order tokens, "3 players" includes the villain; that would be one villain and two heroes. Your listed set up of one villain and three heroes should use the four player turn order tokens.

For range, the auto miss chart doesn't determine which ranges you may declare an attack at. You may declare an attack at any range, even greater than six. After rolling the attack dice and removing and dice that rolled the auto miss numbers (two and four in your example), each remaining die and checked against the range to the target. Any die that rolled lower than this range is removed. You got most of this right; the big differences that, even if four is an auto miss for your attack, you can still use that attacked at range for. Again using your example attack, at range for, only fives and sixes would've hit; twos and fours would be removed as auto Misses, and then ones and threes would miss due to range.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Erazo
United States
Land O Lakes
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for the clarifications. I was reading that setup wrong and thinking 3 heroes, instead of 3 actual players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.